ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

intermittent wipers on a cup

corsa D / 172 clio
i have bought a 182 that dosent have the adjustable intermittent wipers and its driving me mad as its way to quick!:(

my question is

is it as simple as just fitting a wiper control stalk with the adjustable wiper bit on it and hey presto or is it a lot more involved than that ?

any help will much appreciated!!

cheers:D:D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Invest in some RainX from Halfords, or GTeqniq G1/3 from i4Detailing or Clean Your Car. Get your screen cleaned and protected properly and you'll find you need the wipers a lot less !

The wipers on Clios drive me mental too !

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chris, it should have a speed control stalk... Does it have the light/rain sensor in the screen?

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They're funny things on spec level the cup-packed 182's... you should have speed controlled intermittent

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mine doesnt have speed controlled intermittant either which drives me nuts as the wipe like its on constantly!

Mines is the same. Does my tits in.

Especially as I can't reach the stalk without taking my hand off the wheel.

RB 182 Cup
Buy a used intermittent stalk from eBay, I bought one for just over £7.

You'll need to count the number of pins on your current one, there are two versions that only differ by one pin.

Undo steering column binnacle, unbolt and unplug old stalk. And in the traditional Haynes manual fashion, putting if back together is just the opposite of the dismantling.

Literally took me 10 minutes from beginning to end.

Do make sure you get the matching amount of pins though.

182cup & 172 racecar
Cups (real ones) do not have the intermittent wiper stalk, not sure if Trophys had them either. But easy to change.

corsa D / 172 clio
thanks for all the help and advise guys i will have a look tommorow and see how many pins i have in my connector and then get a wiper stalk with the wiper adjuster bit on and hopefully get get it all sorted!

i will report back on how i get on

thanks again

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You may need some UCH re-config work to Chris if the new stalk doesn't work straight away. They are configured at factory with a few options:

Rain sensor: with/without
Automatic wipers: with/without
Variable speed wipe: with/without

It may need updating to work.

RB 182 Cup
It looks like 01-05 Clios have 12 pin and 98-01 have 13 pins, but I'm sure they look identical.

I would imagine that means ph1 12 pin and ph2 13 pin. I'd still check though.

corsa D / 172 clio
i have 12 pins on mine but only 10 wires coming out of the plug!!

ive bought a 12 pin stalk with adjustable intermittent wipe on it so i will just see how it goes!

mick how the hell do i go about getting the uch updated if it needs it (you just know it will cause its me!!)

deer_dodger thanks for all the info mate but if 01-05 have 12 pins i think you mean ph2 12 pin? (i bloody hope so as ive bought one now! lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chris, if you need it then anyone with CLIP can hook you up chap. If it happens its a quick job that even a local Stealer can rectify but don't let them charge you am hour for it as it takes 10mins at most (including boot time and plugging in)

182cup & 172 racecar
I've known 4 people that have changed them, and had no problem at all.

Got one to put in mine, just lazy and haven't got round to it.

RB 182 Cup
i have 12 pins on mine but only 10 wires coming out of the plug!!

ive bought a 12 pin stalk with adjustable intermittent wipe on it so i will just see how it goes!

mick how the hell do i go about getting the uch updated if it needs it (you just know it will cause its me!!)

deer_dodger thanks for all the info mate but if 01-05 have 12 pins i think you mean ph2 12 pin? (i bloody hope so as ive bought one now! lol

You're right, I got the dates right and then made an ar** of the ph bit, sorry. I would say you've bought the right one.

corsa D / 172 clio
quick update

got the 12 pin stalk off of e bay and fitted it and hey presto i now have fully working intermittent wipers!

thanks for all the help and advise guys as always its very much appreciated.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I still highly advise getting some Gteqniq on the glass.

I hate using wipers. The ones on the Clio are far too enthusiastic and listening to the bloody relay clicking every few seconds drives me crackers !

RB 182 Cup
Have a look for FullyFuelled Forum, there's a full guide on there, but you need to sign in.

http://fullyfuelled.com

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359833727.497471.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359833727.497471.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 158
  172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Can anyone tell me how to remove old wiper stalk!?!?

Wheel off (two metal pins on the rear), remove steering column cowling (3 screws, can't remember what size but are torx) and you'll see that both wiper stalks are held in by even smaller torx screws. There are two for each stalk and they slide out from the side, just watch the wires. There is a much more comprehensive guide on here somewhere ;-)

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Oh and my very-real 172 Cup has the intermittent wiper stalk, not sure if you were referring to 182 Cup's Tony?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL TO REPLACE THIS.

many thanks x

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
sorry to dig this up from the ether... My auto wipers have stopped working so instead of faffing about with gels and sensors etc I'd like to go to normal style wipers with off/adj intermittent/slow/fast & trip computer.
Does this exist for a 182? I've found this on ebay, anyone know if it will work? I can't tell if the intermittent is adjustable or not.
I hate auto wipers so glad to be rid of them tbh

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
You want one with adjustable seconds between intermittent wiper wipes.

If that makes sense.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
That’s it... I’ve fitted one to my trophy. Straight swap.