ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

intermittent starter motor engagement 182

Hi guys

small problem with the trophy, where the starter motor is sometimes engaging other times just relay clicks once and does nothing. but if i hold it in the starter position it will sometimes kick in after a few seconds.

Lazy solenoid or maybe corroded exciter wire? Its a refurbed unit about 6 months old..

I'm leaning towards dodgy starter solenoid as it seems to start every time when its warmed up.. Seems like a fun job to replace these.

Ok, done some searching, I will check the relay under the bonnet & spade connector on the starter hopefully not to fiddly to get too!!

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
usually its the spade connector disintegrating or needing cleaning up, common Renault fault. the mk1's are terrible for it

Yeah ill get the POS up in the air tomorrow or Saturday and have a look. The relay was fine.

if its not that then i guess ill get another starter and maybe fit it or get it fitted by someone else. Don't have the enthusiasm i had 5 years ago, plus the fact everything wet outside.

Thanks for the reply :)