ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent judder - anything else but clutch?

Our tootling-around-town 2008 Mk3 Clio 1.2 has started juddering when changing gear - notably when changing into 4th and 5th.

It's on 42k miles - it's done 2k in its one year with us; it was previously owned by a granny. I'd really rather it wasn't the clutch (which I assume would be £350-400), but suspect it might be.

It's fine in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The juddering is intermittent when changing into 4th and 5th.

If it is the clutch, then I'll consider this a lesson just to buy a brand new car in future. It's cost £750 in preventive maintenance so far (cambelt, brakes etc), all for just 2-3k miles per annum of use.

BMW E91 Tourer
sorry its my humour, low on petrol....

back on topic, why would it only do it in 4 / 5 gears if it was the clutch. surely it would do it in all gears. unless as i said it was the low speed. my megane does it in 6th when accelerating. just change down to 3rd... stops....

Cambelt and brakes £750?!? I could've done a clutch cambelt and brakes all for that. And I'm only in somerset.

I got a bit more than just the cambelt and and brakes to be fair - but where are you based? Next job looks like the clutch.