ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittenet non start,

Clio172cup, Scirocco
so just got my cup on the road, (why I didnt get a sport sooner I dont know!!)
i had to put an engine back together for it, and when we first tried starting it, it was cranking but it would stop (cranking) by itself and not start,
after a bit it worked, and has been fine. on the road tonight and stalled it trying to go over a speed bump and it did the same thing.
cranking cutting out and not starting. sometimes it would crank for a few seconds. sometimes it would click once and not crank anymore.

any insight clio friends?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Could be a few things. Check the gearbox earth is done up tight. If it stops cranking on it's own that's the immobiliser stopping it. Does the light stay solid on the dash when the fault occurs? Quite common for the relay in the engine fuse box to go (small black or salmon coloured one)

Clio172cup, Scirocco
It's not done it since so I'm waiting for that to happen. Now got a fucked alternator so dealing with that haha