ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior noise level?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've always wondered what 2 hrs of exposure to this on a trackday is doing to my ears.

Gave a lift this afternoon to one of our engineers, who just happened to have the works db meter to hand so we headed off to the local DC for a blast.

Had a few runs through the gears, keeping it between 5-7k, and it peaked at 99db with an average over 10 seconds of 96.6db.

Just looked at what that means, it's the same as having a lawn mower or pneumatic drill running inside the car!

Ear plugs to be worn from now on I think.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I know! Although the normal test that gives 89-90 on mine is static throttle, stationery, and 75% of max rpm.

The readings today, had 70+ mph road noise, full revs, wide open throttle, and induction roar thrown in.

Yup.

I thought so..

I nearly went for the Oreca Group N system/ Yozzasport race system the other day. TBH I am glad I didn't, as it's loud enough as it is at present with the back stripped out (K-tec Stealth, and decat)

modified cliosport
Got an app on my phone for a noise meter. Put it on while on the M3 at 80 - 101 dB !! Need to get a quieter car as I'm doing 800 miles a week or wear earplugs in the car