ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior Light Wiring

Chelsea tractor
Righty then. Dilemma. Well kind of.

I got one of those LED replacement bulbs for my interior light the other day (Mk2 ph1). You know, I though why not! I might be able to actually read a map with my "map reading light"!

As diodes are polar, obviously you can only connect them (so that they light up) in one direction. This is where the problem comes. With a normal filament bulb, it'll light up whichever way the current is flowing through.

I've therefore noticed that the current flows in both directions:
- One direction when the light comes on when you open the door
- the opposite direction when you switch it on manually by pressing the oval light thing itself

I don't have a wiring diagram for the Clio unfortunately but does anyone know if it would be a simple case of swapping 2 of the connecting wires around or not? If so, which 2?

Any suggestions would be most helpful!

Da

Less
There is (or should be) 3 wires to the courtesy light. 1 from the door locks (central locking), 1 from the door switch and the 3rd one will be the ground or -ve. There shouldn't be any problem fitting LED's as I have to mine although I'm in a mk2 ph2.
Each lamp holder has both lives at it and the -ve. When either the door switch or manual switch are operated this put's +ve voltage to the lamp holder in question.

Chelsea tractor
Yeah that's the wierd thing. It works one way round for the door light, and the other way for manually turning it on :S I'll try to take it off and have a proper look then tomorrow - it's a bit dark at the moment!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Have a wiring diagram guys ;)

E12 is the light assembly.

ClioIntLight.jpg