ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior LED problem!!

SchwepTek™
Bought some festoon LEDs for the map light, boot light and glove box similar to those from the group buy.

They all work fine but for some reason the inter map light now no longer comes on when getting in and out of the car or unlocking, etc!?!? It only works when manually switched on.

Any ideas?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, it's a known problem with the LED festoon bulbs. Something to do with how they are polarised.

I let Adam (the guy who supplied the group buy) know but he didn't get back to me. If someone has a way around it they haven't shared yet :dapprove:

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
The map light never comes on when unlocking the car does it?

Mine doesn't, only the main interior bulb lights. I thought this was normal?

SchwepTek™
Yeh, cups only have a single interior, i just call it a map light. lol

Doesnt come on now i have LED fitted.

SchwepTek™
Just found out about this from my mates group buy.

How do i tell the difference?

:D

EDIT: I have just read that all LEDs are polarized??? lol

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Turn the bulb the other way round maybe? or was that trick for something else with LEDs ?

SchwepTek™
I have just seen one of the group buy interior lights and it works fine on my mates 172. Is there a difference between the dual map light bulbs on FFs and the single rocker light on cups?

SchwepTek™
Hmmm maybe thats why then. Mine uses the same festoon type that goes in glove box and boot. Can it not be done then?? :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Only way I can think of is if you modify it to take 2 bulbs and have one in each way. Might work... but I know sod all about electronics really.

I just live without it coming on when the doors are opened :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
No but i have the same/similar light fitting:
[imgo]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/MarkyDotCom/cs/IMGP0671.jpg[/imgo]

Poverty :eek: