ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior ceiling light

extreme flamer
I've recently bought a replacement light for the ceiling in my clio, I set about replacing it and when I went to try it out it was only working one way either coming on when the doors were opened or when moved to the on position after a bit of messing around, I then seem to have shorted all of my interior lights for my troubles. Has anyone else had this same problem that could please help me out and explain why the light is doing this and why it fused my lights? Thanks

Do you have an LED light in there?

If so, that's causing it.

Plus you could've shorted any two of the three wires, thus causing the fuse to blow.

For the LED light to work you'd need to wire in a rectifier, as this will change the alternating power source into the right polarity so it'll power the led.

Or just wire 2 LED back to back (1 opposite to the other).

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, it's an LED. These only work when the power flows in a certain direction. It's normal for these bulbs.

As above, you can wire in a rectifier, or do what I did and wire two back to back.

DSCF1500.jpg

extreme flamer
Yes, it's an LED. These only work when the power flows in a certain direction. It's normal for these bulbs.

As above, you can wire in a rectifier, or do what I did and wire two back to back.

DSCF1500.jpg

What's easier to do? Is there a wrong way to wire the bulbs back to back? As my bulbs don't seem to have any marks for + and -

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Wiring the bulbs is just hit 'n' miss really. Test each one in the holder and remember which way they go!

The rectifier is probably easier to wire, but I had two bulbs and wanted something pointing at the driver so just personal choice :)