ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interesting Induction Kit RR Data

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
After having the Catcams fitted to the 182 and remap done @ TDF I've been looking at a change to the induction system. After doing lots of research on different website (CS included) I was leaning towards a Carbon enclosed kit.

A friend of mine has a 182 thats off the road for a few weeks while it has some work done. About 6 months ago he fitted a BMC CDA kit so I asked if I could barrow it. He did say that it didn't seem to give any noticeable power gains and the noise it made was the same as before. A rolling road day had been organised @ TDF for yesterday so I thought it would be a perfect oppertunity to get the actual figures with it fitted.

This is the figure the car produced last month after the cams and remap done @ TDF
182PowerGraph2TDF17-04-10.jpg

And this is what the car produced yesterday with the BMC kit on
182PowerGraphBMCTDF19-05-10.jpg

Thats a loss of 6bhp, but more importantly a 15flb loss in torque. I was amazed at how much it lost tbh needless to say the standard air box was refitted before I left TDF. I shall be putting in an ITG panel filter and samco hose under Matt's advice :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Wow thats a bad drop with the BMC! Where you running a CAF to it out of interest?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Wow thats a bad drop with the BMC! Where you running a CAF to it out of interest?

I piped it to the front of the car and put the original feed upto it aswell. Not quite as I would have had it if I was doing it properly but it wouldn't have made much difference.

I'm just amazed at how much it changed the torque

I have never had a good experience with the BMC CDA filters but even I didn't think it would be that bad until we tested it!