ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intercooler Problems!

DCi Van
I have a 52 plate clio Dci van 65bhp, and i fitted a 80bhp intercooler with all the orignal pipes and all went great untill i test drove it and was driving great untill the pipe from turbo blew of, so i got it home and put the pipe back on and made sure it was nice and tight then drove it up the road again and it sounds like its sucking loads air in and at high revs it sounds pooh, iv check all pipes and there all on tight!

Please can someone help as this is my daily runner.

Thanks.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
whistling could be a sign of the turbo going, or as mentioned also escaping boost. Get a friend round to check while you rev it for were the noise is coming from

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
turbo would be working at an excessive rate and spinning alot faster= more heat on the seals/ rings

DCi Van
Bigger turbo then if it packs up :D Nah its should be ok now got one of the mechanics at work to go over it and re tighten all the clips. Thanks guys.