ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intercooler advice

Clio 182
Can anyone help? Was looking at getting an Intercooler installed in my 182 but not to sure on what general labour costs would be! I've seen a few system for sale online but do not have much advice on installation etc

53 Clio's & counting
Intercoolers cool the inlet charge as turbochargers heat the air up, thus an intercooler will help keep the intake temperatures down and get more power.

it depends if you wish to cut your bumper/ bumper bar up as to what size you choose - what turbo do you have mate? as a small turbo you would be able to get away with a smallish one

Clio 182
Think it's just going to be a pipe dream by the sounds of things! Want to get some external tweaks done before hand anyway! Nice bit of carbon

53 Clio's & counting
Think it's just going to be a pipe dream by the sounds of things! Want to get some external tweaks done before hand anyway! Nice bit of carbon

Not meaning this in a patronising way mate, but do you know what an intercooler is for?

Astra gsi turbo
interfooler.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yeah but no but, my mate down the road has got one on his golf..... And that's a diesel! Flop

To the op, your car needs to be turbo'd or supercharged for an intercooler to be used. You could fit it to a normally aspirated car but it won't do anything other than add weight

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Yeah but no but, my mate down the road has got one on his golf..... And that's a diesel! Flop

To the op, your car needs to be turbo'd or supercharged for an intercooler to be used. You could fit it to a normally aspirated car but it won't do anything other than add weight

And lose you power.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yeah but no, it'll be better than a cold air feed like.

I lol at the pic above with the induction kit plonked on the end of the IC. The internet is leading to a society where nobody ever looks into learning for themselves, leading to asking of silly questions that could so easily have been avoided and not lead to the inevitable flamiing that I'm surprised hasn't stepped up a gear so far