ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

insurance due this month.which companies have people found to be the cheapest?grateful for all replies.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just renewed mine...

Try:

Greenlight (cheapest for me)
Adrian Flux
HIC
Privilege
Bell Direct
CIS
Tesco

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

i used to go with tecos but have found directline cheaper especially when you online, although you cant claim for things like pass plus or advanced driver qualifications.

i got my clio 1.4 for £900, im 19 with 2 yrs no claims and 3 points for speeding, it was about £1400 everwhere else.!:cool:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

im with direct line at the mo but the quote they have given me this year is only £5 cheaper than last years quote which i think is pretty toss.

HIC.. Phil.. Seriously..

I rung him.. been getting quotes of £2000, £1600, £1280.. on my 1.2 Clio.. heh, And most wouldnt even touch me cus I had mods, under 21 and had no NCD - so they gave me silly quotes.

Phil wanted £780, fully comp, track day cover etc.. stereo insurance (with a very small excess, which when claimed on, wont affect my NCD which Id be building up!) the lot... very very impressive. All mods the lot.. (like for like too.. which is different than a lot of companies)

So ring HIC and ask for Phil!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 04 December 2003

HIC

Phone 01279 719 932 & ask for Phil
Phil must be a very busy bloke...

Everyone that recommended HIC to me told me to ask for Phil :eek:

They cant quote for a Cup though, it aint on their bl00dy system!!!

try renault! i no this sound crazy but they sorted my insurance 4 £200 cheeper then any of the companies above! if id had no mods on the supra they wud done that 4 £1300!v.good IMHO. posted somefing bout it but no1 reads posts from the newbies!:(!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 05 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 04 December 2003

HIC
Phone 01279 719 932 & ask for Phil

Phil must be a very busy bloke...
Everyone that recommended HIC to me told me to ask for Phil :eek:

They cant quote for a Cup though, it aint on their bl00dy system!!!

Just one thing, when I rang him and asked about insurance he asked how old my car was and then told me that he doesnt quote on cars less than 3 years old........

I went for Directline too (online remember!!!), there pretty good. Im 22 with 3yrs NCB and 0 points and Im paying £900 on my M-reg Williams 2 (not declared the zorst, air filter or boost valve, but I didnt even know it had these til a mechanic looked at it). I have a home policy with them too, so this is also an extra 10% discount.

Only thing I will warn about Directline is renewal time. You are best cancelling it and re-applying online as their quotes blow, but they do offer you lower APR on the payments if u do it monthly like me.

Performance Direct are crap however, never ever go with these ppl. It took me 9 months before I could insure my car again after a crash where (my own stupid fault) I stuffed it after a blowout and informed the insurance company. I didnt make a claim but they said I did and it got out of control from there.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 05 December 2003
Tescos all the way!

Damn right,

mk2 172, 25 years old 5 years NCD

£729 Fully Comp with Full protected NCD

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

tryed tescos and renault insurance but they cant beat my direct line renewal even though its virtually the same amount as last year.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Theres not one place thats good for ALL people, as all our circumstances are different, so always try a few.

I saved about £200 this year!

Frizzell or Liverpool Victoria seem to be excellant (there the same company) and dont charge for any mods although check first seems there rules change every day.

£850 for me with 1 claim and 1 yrs NCB on a DCI 65

EDD

Mazda MX5 1.8

yeah liverpool vic were good 4 me too! im a civil servant so i get it cheaper cos im in the civil service motoring club (lol) but even without it they still were cheaper.......

mind u mines still £1500 with no NCB driving a 1.6 16v brand new clio (and im 19) <- thats with out the discounts

cant wait for a drop next year (i hope)

Hi Im 22 4yrs protected no calims wit directline an mine went DOWN to 760 when I added me better half on my 172. Stay more of less in the middle of no where in scotland tho think this helps!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 05 December 2003

have you tried getting new quote online with directline??
yes did that but a new quote online was more than my renewal premium.

C

Cupster

anyone got the contact info for TESCO.

Im 23 with full 5yrs no claims and 3points for SP30 2 years ago. My quote from directline is 895 with non protected NCB and 1060 with the protection on. not bad (???)

Waiting for my confused.com quotes to come through.

Mazda MX5 1.8

i tried that confused.com and turned out liverpool vic is cheaper than their best price the site gave me.....

i say try liverpool vic.......