ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance?!?

matthew_ati@hotmail.
Hi everyone im knew to the forum and was just looking at what some people pay for insurance :S

Im 20 year old have 3 years no claims, no points or convictions and want to get a 182 clio sport but the cheapest insurance i can find is £2800! Where are you guys getting quotes for around a £1000. I live in a good area and my car will be garaged but even so this should make that much difference to the policy....

thanks

mati

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No idea, but though i'd tell you at 21, with 0NCB i paid less than £800ish.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
flux/brentacre/admiral group

Ring them too, dont go online, with brentacra and flux make sure its modified and tell them your in a car club, makes it cheaper :)

matthew_ati@hotmail.
800? was that in your name?? Regarding the mods do you not have to declare what type of mods you have?

thanks

Im in exactly the same boat as you mate

20, 3 years NCB, was paying £720 fully comp, 10 month accelerator... its now shot up to £849 for renewal :S thats with bell direct

I havent looked around for renewal quotes yet, if its cheap enough im going for a sport, if not im holding off till 21

Im adding 2 women to my policy, car is drive parked etc... hoping to get less than £1400 otherwise i cant afford it atm.

Im 21 with Admiral, 1 years ncb (due to being on daddy's insurance before hand - had my licence 4 years), no convictions/claims.

Paid £1170 to insure my old 172
When I changed over my insurance to the new 200, which I pick up tomorrow, I got a refund ;)
Yearly quotes for the 200 were around the £900 mark for me :D but im hoping for a bit less as ill have another years no claims bonus, hopefully.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A problem I had when looking at sports was not having any 'performance car' experience.

So got the C2 GT for 8 months, then chris knott accepted this as suitable experience for a 182 (flol) = me getting one at 19 :D

matthew_ati@hotmail.
Im in exactly the same boat as you mate

20, 3 years NCB, was paying £720 fully comp, 10 month accelerator... its now shot up to £849 for renewal :S thats with bell direct

I havent looked around for renewal quotes yet, if its cheap enough im going for a sport, if not im holding off till 21

Im adding 2 women to my policy, car is drive parked etc... hoping to get less than £1400 otherwise i cant afford it atm.

849? is that in your name?

A problem I had when looking at sports was not having any 'performance car' experience.

So got the C2 GT for 8 months, then chris knott accepted this as suitable experience for a 182 (flol) = me getting one at 19 :D

I think im going to have to wait til im 21... Lucky get ;)

RB FF 182
24 with 1yrs NCB was £750ish, but doubled when I had to pay monthly!! I did declare exhaust and air intake mods too. Plus mines an import (whether that makes any difference) (Bell car insurance)

My friend is 23 and has 4/5 years NCB and paid about £400 on his 172... not sure who he used.

£2800 sounds stupidly high!!

Megane 225 F1
Admiral. £900, 4 years driving, 2 years no claims, 21, parked on the street, all mods declared.

Think im going to have to wait till july till im 21...

Did think about buying another car for the owning of a faster car than 1.2 straight to 2.0...

Still going to try quotes at my current status though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm with Flux have been past 3 years, just got my renewal letter last week, last year was £480 and now it's £525 and that's with 13 years No Claims, no points in 5 years and no accidents and with 2 mods filter and exhaust. rang a few people and there talking around £1k and been online on that confused the cheapest been £725