ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance the biggest scam in the world

So when I took out my policy in Oct 2010 i paid £1100 tpft + alloys & windscreen cover

I didn't buy fully comp as it was £1690

I ring up admiral today to change my policy as I'm now commuting, so I get my job changed to office worker, add commuting, interior changes, body coloured bumpers and changed to fully comp

= £42

Thank f*** I did that and not in the first place.

It's normally cheaper to insure a standard car then add mods than insure a modified car. If i have understood what you are saying properly.

Clio 182, BMW 645
You had the certificate yet? Maybe they missed the fully comp bit?

Did you have a birthday between Oct 2010 and now? What was your Job before?

Clio S & VW T5
The fact that Fully comp at the begging on the policy was 1690 quoted. After buying TPFT cover for 1100 then adding Fully comp for 42 quid totalling 1142 rather then 1690.

surely that's not right? I bet the've just added the mods and not upgraded to fully comp...

Got the certificate today and it's been upgraded.

Havn't had my birthday and the only details that's changed is the job.

Gone from Event Organiser to Office Worker.

My immediate thought when you mention your job change is event organiser - running around from location to location; office worker sat in an office all day with car in car park... I'm sure your insurance company thought the same, hence the lower cost.

Have you seen the south park episode where they chop off the head from a chicken and throw it on to a chart to determine a bailout for the banks?

I think behind the scenes at insurance companies, this is what goes on.

slow 172 rep
I was looking at insurance the other day, and just putting in stuff to see how much it would be for a 172 i put in the value of the car as £2000 then £5000 and the insurance come down by like £50? WTF is going on the car was exactly the same just the value of the car was more i hate insurance.