ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the car on insurance or wait it out

Titanium 182 FF
At the moment i have 1.2 clio insured with tesco black box , wasnt to happy with it being a black box etc and tesco are quite uptight when it comes to mods but kept with as the quotes were to cheap to say no , i currently pay £475 for my second years insurance on the clio but am itching for 1*2 and had offers on my clio and will have a salary coming in soon, So a sport is on the cards.

However my insurance isnt up for renewal until next may and was just wanted to see if anyone has changed the car on there insurance early and what the cost of that is especially with the black box issue as well.

So is it even possible to change the car on a black box insurance policy and should i just wait it out until may?

cheers guys

Ask the insurers how much it would be, nobody can tell you how much it will be.

When I switched from my fully declared 1*2 (500 quid) to a Golf R, current insurers wanted ANOTHER 500 quid.

Politely told them to go do one and went elsewhere (got a refund of half of the insurance...), and got the insurance for less than 500...!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
your salary is coming soon - why not wait for that first?
your best bet is to call tesco and simply ask how much it will cost.
I reckon your insurance will double at least

Clio 182 - RB
I think they'll refuse to insure you on a 1*2, best bet is to ring them - Bet i'm right though!

Depends mate.. I went from a 172 (£303) a year.. To a scirocco R (I got a rebate of £46!) now I have a mk6 fiesta st (I had to pay £75!) so yeah.. I think it's completely random!! I'm early 20's.