ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance paid . . but want to do some mods???

Porsche Boxster987S
Basically i paid my insurance in a 1 off payment last month and within the next few weeks would like to add some mods to the car such as lowering , induction kit and exhaust. What do i do about the insurance??? Obviously i contact them and let them know but how would it work if ive already paid the insurance off without mods declared??? Cheers

They will simply charge you the additional premium. That is unless they won't insure it, in which case you will have to cancel and get a refund (possibly minus a cancellation fee). Worth checking they will insure the mods you intend to do before you take out the policy imo.

Porsche Boxster987S
They will simply charge you the additional premium. That is unless they won't insure it, in which case you will have to cancel and get a refund (possibly minus a cancellation fee). Worth checking they will insure the mods you intend to do before you take out the policy imo.
yea fair point. i never planned on doing any mods but now i have the car i cant help but want to.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Call them before you do the mods to see if they will insure the changes and how much extra you have to pay. Some companies may charge nothing for cosmetic changes.

Porsche Boxster987S
im with bell. yea i would never go ahead with mods before enquiring about insurance side of things. just didnt know if it would be possible because the insurance is already paid

yes bell will insure mods, the first one is normally quite expensive (about an extra 10%) but there after it was just an admin fee of about £10-£15

Porsche Boxster987S
yes bell will insure mods, the first one is normally quite expensive (about an extra 10%) but there after it was just an admin fee of about £10-£15
sounds good to me. i will phone though at some point. how would that work though for paying it?? just basically the way i bought the insurance?

Monaco 172
aye, im with greenlight and just rang up this morning to get springs and exhaust onto the policy, cost additional 25 quid