ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance overhaul

2002 Clio 172
Hi all. I was shocked to get my renewal through from Direct Line and it had gone up from approx 450 to 725 for fully comp and I am 43 years young so how does that happen?? got cheapest from Kwik Fit. Apparently there has been an overhaul of the insurance groups and there are now 50 groups instead of the old 20. Go to Thatcham.org and they list all groups and an explanation of the system...basically because your beloved Clio is so expensive to repair!

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Take your old insurance group number and times it by 2.5 will give u the new group rating or visit parkers.co.uk.

Clio 182 arctic
insurance for new drivers is absolutely shocking, my cousin has just passed his test and cant get a quote under £5k for a 1.0 corsa breeze. postcode isnt great but mainly down to age.

197 FF Glacier White
I pay £370 F/C for my Cup, when I changed over from my group 19 Fiat Coupe, they tried to charge me more for the Clio! I wasn't having it, and a few articulate discussions with my insurer later, and the threat of taking my other car, and the wifes car to another company seemed to work wonders, they matched my policy on the Fiat and assured my there would be no increase when I renew in March. They also waived the change over fee.

Don't let them take the piss, work them all against eachother, consider taking a limited mileage policy (if you can) etc etc.

G