ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance on lupo gti

I've been paying £930 for TPFT cover on my 2003 lupo gti, aged 20 (1 years NCB), student, good postcode area, with Egg car insurance. Clean driving license, never been refused insurance or any convictions whatsover. But now its up for renewal at the end of this month I can't seem to find any quotes under £1000.

Tried egg again, brentacre, adrian flux, bell, elephant, admiral and a few others.

Brentacre I thought would be competitive but the best they could do was £1900!

Anyone able to explain why the quotes seem to be significantly more than what I've been paying (especially as now I've got 1 years NCB which I didnt have before)

Josh

Megane 265 Cup
When do you turn 21? Greenlight have always been really great for me but you need to be 21...if your nearly 21 maybe wait, if not I ain't sure buddy, seems very expensive.

I've been paying £930 for TPFT cover on my 2003 lupo gti, aged 20 (1 years NCB), student, good postcode area, with Egg car insurance. Clean driving license, never been refused insurance or any convictions whatsover. But now its up for renewal at the end of this month I can't seem to find any quotes under £1000.

Tried egg again, brentacre, adrian flux, bell, elephant, admiral and a few others.

Brentacre I thought would be competitive but the best they could do was £1900!

Anyone able to explain why the quotes seem to be significantly more than what I've been paying (especially as now I've got 1 years NCB which I didnt have before)

Josh

Easy, they don't want to insure you so they quote silly prices.

Have you tried Sky Insurance on here?

Only turned 20 in February of this year. Have tried several different different combination with named drivers, mum, dad etc, nothing seems to bring it down below £1000. I'm just struggling to understand why its more expensive than what I'm currently paying.

Ph 1 172
what are the lupo gtis like? always loved these, have you driven a 172/182/197/200 hwhat do they compare like?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
what are the lupo gtis like? always loved these, have you driven a 172/182/197/200 hwhat do they compare like?

they are awesome!! built really well aswell, lupo gtis have alot of character, i know a few people with them.

and on insurance why did brent acre quote u £1900? i pay £1995 on my 200

Ph 1 172
was looking at getting one of them before i got the phase 1 but always wanted to drive one to see what its like, what power do they have