ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance cancellation fee help

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Hi Basically I took insurance out with Adrian flux and because I was only 20 and to keep cost down they limited my miles to 3000 a year. Now I've turned 21 I'm getting a lot cheaper quotes over a grand cheaper! And no limit on Miles and got quoted 1500 of elephant insurance. So I rang andrian flux up to see about cancelling and expected to pay a little fee as I have only been with them for a month and half but they want 300 quid to cancel!

Now people have said if you cancel your standing order at the bank for the insurance they will send you laters and eventually take you to court? Then others have said if you stop it there's nothing they can do and will just stop your insurance?

Just wanna know what will happen if I just cancel my standing order without paying the cancellation fee

clio 182, Rx7
If you've paid the full amount up front and you have a few months left they should owe you money? If your paying monthly your a little screwed. Ask them for a brake down of what that 300 is? Sure a 50 yr old guy who paid £150 for his insurance on his volvo wouldn't be having to pay £300 if he wants to cancel his. Should it not be a fixed price cancellation price for everyone? Sounds like the cancellation fee is a percentage which sounds a frigging ripoff.

clio v6
take no notice of them there full of s**t.tell them you lost your job and the cars gone and you wont pay a penny.they wont even go to court as it costs them money .

Ford Mustang 5.0
Hi Basically I took insurance out with Adrian flux and because I was only 20 and to keep cost down they limited my miles to 3000 a year. Now I've turned 21 I'm getting a lot cheaper quotes over a grand cheaper! And no limit on Miles and got quoted 1500 of elephant insurance. So I rang andrian flux up to see about cancelling and expected to pay a little fee as I have only been with them for a month and half but they want 300 quid to cancel!

Now people have said if you cancel your standing order at the bank for the insurance they will send you laters and eventually take you to court? Then others have said if you stop it there's nothing they can do and will just stop your insurance?

Just wanna know what will happen if I just cancel my standing order without paying the cancellation fee
Might be worth dropping Adrian Flux a PM as they are a trader on here and they will be able to answer you directly.
The cancellation process and applicable fees will listed in your new policy documentation that you accepted at the start of the policy.
To be honest if the difference in price with you being 21 should be a lot cheaper so even if you have to pay the £300 charges i expect you will still be better off in the long run.
Kind Regards
Neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
take no notice of them there full of s**t.tell them you lost your job and the cars gone and you wont pay a penny.they wont even go to court as it costs them money .
I wouldnt recommend doing this at all if you have accepted the contract they will be within their rights to apply the charges you agreed to and getting them to take you to court will just damage your credit rating.

Best bet is to speak to the company and try and come to an arrangment that suits both parties.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Worth noting that if you cancel your payment resulting in a cancellation of insurance, don't you have to declare that? They normally ask if you have ever had insurance cancelled/revoked etc.

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Rang them up today and basically asked them what would happen and they said that they would just put a notice on my insurance so that other companies would know I didn't pay the fee. So now I'm cancelling it on the 21st and then 're insuring in 2 weeks later with elephant insurance, gotta wait 2 weeks as can't afford to pay the cancel fee and deposit on New insurance :(
Thanks for advice everyone