ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance on a cat d/c?

Right i need some help on this as i dont have a clue and i need someone to shed some light on the situation for me...

Ive looked at a few Cat D/C cars and im really tempted by a Cat D that ive found however if i buy it would the insurance be higher and is there anything i have to do once i have purchased it or can i just buy it and insure it like any over car that i would buy?

Any over help would be very much apprecticated.

clio mk2 Dci
I recently bought a CAT D 2003 Dci 1.5, it was only a CAT D because the bonnet had flown up on previous owner and smashed windscreen etc and caused some body work damage.

As far as the insurance goes, it didn't increase the premium for me but they did inform me that because it was a CAT D it was worth less so if i were to ever be involved in an accident that the payout for my car would be less than the going rate for my model because of the CAT D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bang on there mate, if it was registered catc/d it'll always be worth less in a payout but no it won't increase the premium.