ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help!!!

ClioSport 182
Just had the renewal from Direct Line for my 182 and if i want to put any MODs on it then its not good news!!

Can any one suggest a good insurer that will allow MODs and not charge a ridiculous amount to put them on throughout the year!

Thanks.. :)

S'trollin on size 7s
im with brentacre. they dont charge any extra for modifications aslong as it doesnt raise your bhp by anymore than 10bhp.. so basically you can do allsorts and not have an issue ,youve still got to declare them though.

apart from that adrian flux are usually pretty good although i think they charge for mods iirc

Giulietta 940
Greenlight are also good for mods, doesn't add anymore to the policy and are covered like for like. I presume this is only for cosmetic mods though.

ClioSport 182
EUI Group, failing that Brentacre or Sky Insurance.

im with brentacre. they dont charge any extra for modifications aslong as it doesnt raise your bhp by anymore than 10bhp.. so basically you can do allsorts and not have an issue ,youve still got to declare them though.

apart from that adrian flux are usually pretty good although i think they charge for mods iirc

Greenlight are also good for mods, doesn't add anymore to the policy and are covered like for like. I presume this is only for cosmetic mods though.

Thanks for your help guys, Brentacre came up best for me at just £2100 with as many MODS as i wanted.. ;)

Arctic Blue 182ff
£2100. And you are HAPPY!? I swear the world has gone mad. Or infact we really aren't in recession, one of the two. How old are you? :)

ClioSport 182
£2100. And you are HAPPY!? I swear the world has gone mad. Or infact we really aren't in recession, one of the two. How old are you? :)

Haha, I honestly thought that was a good qoute considering the ones I've been getting from the bigger companies Churchill, LV, Direct Line etc coming in at over £3400..

I'm 21, plus that qoute is with the Miltek and having it lowered on the policy, I also live in Warrington between Liverpool and Manchester which doesnt help things! :dapprove:

ClioSport 182
I did a qoute for just me and then later added them on and the price stayed the same..

Should this make much of a differance?

WHUT, you need to get shopping bro.

I'm 20, Clio 200, Coilovers declared, 1 fault and 2 non fault accidents and I was only paying around 1k.

Fiesta ST
As already said, you definatley need to shop around a little harder. Even considering your location, i would still be expecting quotes alot less than 2k with 4 years no claims

Arctic Blue 182ff
I think location is making a bigger difference these days, especially with recent jumps in prices.

In perspective, when I was 21 (5 years ago), I paid £740 FC on a 280hp S14a. But I do live in Cornwall, and that was 5 years ago. Now however, I'm angry at paying £360 for the 182.