ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance help

renault clio 172 cup
last week my car got written off slid into the back of someone on a icy road as it was going to cost to much. As im waiting for the cheques to come through off the total loss team, I rang my insurance up today to find out the crack and they said i still have to pay the remaining payments to pay off the premium. Iam wondering if this is write as i dont have the car anymore?

I have also been looking at a clio 172 cup which this company dont insure, does anyone know any good companies for these cars and yes its modified?

If you've been paying monthly, they'll take the remainder of the money for the policy due to you agreeing to pay the money in full in monthly installments. They'll most likely deduct this from your insurance payout.

renault clio 172 cup
they didnt say anything about deducting anything from the insurance payout but my excess will be taken off. I just think its strange how they can charge for a car i aint got anymore and the insurance should be void?

From Admiral's policy documents

If we have agreed for you to pay your policy by monthly installments we will send you the cheque minus and outstanding policy premium and send you the balance. We do this because when you took out the policy, you agreed to pay us the full premium and in return we agreed to pay you the value of the car if it was written off

BMW 330CI M SPORT
It's simply to stop these tits who go out, smash their car up and claim a bit of cash. If you could get paid out and then not have to pay anything after a month into your policy, you would do it a few times over and cash in. Has been making its way back lately, a lot of the scammers have been uncovered on TV.