ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance help?

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
I've seen people on here at 19 with sports so I know it's possible, my best online quote was £4100 and on te phone on guy said I was looking around £3000, I'm almost 20 and it getting on my nerves lol, so who are you guys insured with and what's your tips and tricks for cheaper insurance? Any help appreciated.

Thanks Jamie

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Also if a sport just ain't gonna happen, what carsdo you have at 19 and what litre ?

Thanks Jamie

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Having read a few threads on insurance, I don't think any of the younger lot have "cheap" insurance. Some of the prices people pay are crazy.

Oh, I had a 56 plate 1.2 16v Clio at 19. Cost me £650 for the year.

Trafic 140dci
insurance works on alot of things, luckily for me i have a van which makes it cheaper, live in a safe area with the car in a locked garage so ain't bad for me, aparently now its cheaper to go fully comp as statisticly people who go fully comp are less likely to have an accident, try adding named drivers with high ncb that'll help too either way you'll be doing well to get it under 2k

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You postcode is your worst enemy imo.

Try adrian flux and brentacre. Like you know I had mine at 19 and paid £1300, now i'm 20 and its £1k

Also, the 172's are so low in value now its worth looking tpft imo.

Clio v6 255
As people said earlier apart from moving house adding someone with a high ncb I.e. Your mum or dad will reduce it significantly. Admiral/elephant are normally some of the cheapest. When I was 19 I had a Citroen C2 VTS, obv no where near as quick as a 172/182 but only group 9 insurance.

quite a few people get insured on 'business' insurance! does my nut in as a fair few of mates drive around in their rents cars that are super quick

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Put your parents on your insurance, your still the main named driver. It saved me a couple of hundred every year, not much but it helps. Also try bell car insurance, iv always found them pretty cheap

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
im 20 now 21 in jan, got my clio last week, i'm paying £650 fully comp as main driver, i have both my parents as named driver on the policy as well that made it alot cheaper. oh and its with admiral on a multicar policy so i got an extra 10% off for having few cars on the same policy. i have been driving a 1.2 clio from my 17th till now to get the ncb up. another option may be a corsa 1.8 sri, a mate of mine has one and thats group 20 or 22 whereas a clio is in the low 30's. (for people who are going to question that saying clio is 16/17, insurances groups now go 1-50 not 1-20)

I know mines not a 2 litre, but is declared modified. 1.4 sport, i was 17 at the time of this quote. Tesco value insurance, fully comp. Payed 350 for a year. And have just had a quote from then for a cup at 600 a year. Very pleased. Every little helps

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I know mines not a 2 litre, but is declared modified. 1.4 sport, i was 17 at the time of this quote. Tesco value insurance, fully comp. Payed 350 for a year. And have just had a quote from then for a cup at 600 a year. Very pleased. Every little helps

In ur own name?

I pay £150 a year at 20. Trade Insurance FTW!