ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance help

ST1050, 320d
alright guys, after having my run around torched by some undesirable and not being covered for it, im now trying to do whatever i can to get insured on my valver. im 19 with a years ncb and the best quote i can find is 1300 with a 600 excess, which seems to me like that defeats the object as the excess is more than the value of the car? are there any ways to lower my premium that are legal and wont void my insurance? if something happens i need to be covered. i cant afford comprehensive cover at all, but needs to be tpft minimum. is there a genuine way to be insured on a parents policy as a main driver for example? any help is much appreciated

mps aero
if the exess is gunna b more than the car u may aswell bang it up 2 the max as ur neva gunna b able 2 claim anyway.
exess only applys for ur car so if u hit sum1else u wont have 2 pay excess on their repairs so if ur car isnt worth much and u wouldnt bother ruining ur ncb if u dinted it just bang the ecess up

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
unfortunately there is usually a limit to how much excess you can have! All i can say is don't use internet prices! they are usually more.
What i do is ring round - play one company off the other - (with genuine quotes!!) and then ask for reference number.
Once you have a reference number go online - type in the reference and get the online discount!!! Doesn;t work all the time but i have saved money doing it that way! Hope this helps

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Add you Mam, and any older female relations to your policy, normally 2 will save you some money.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
Add you Mam, and any older female relations to your policy, normally 2 will save you some money.

^^good advice. im 32 with 10 years no claims. i still pay 400 with wife on who is 10 years older than me. without wife it adds another 100 large the wan**rs

ST1050, 320d
cheers guys, ill give it ago and hopefully i can get a price thats low enough. its not about having to drive an m reg 1.1 punto 5 door :(