ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance excess

Oyster Card
When do the Insurance companys want their excess?

I had a crash about nine months ago and I was paying monthly so I let the policy run it's corse as because I've crashed the whole policy becomes due in full plus I was still using the car so I thought best let it run.

The policy runs out at the end of next month.

Now the person who I crashed into has had her car repaired but there has been no word from my insurance about the crash which was my fault, the only contact I've had from them is two days after I told them (about nine months ago) when they sent me the standard claim form to fill in.

So; what I'm basically saying - if i didnt still see the girl I crashed into I'd be none the wiser she'd had her car repaired and that my insurance had paid out as they've not said nothing to me demanding their excess which in all adds upto £550, am I right in thinking they'll want that tommoow when I inform them I wont be renewing?

My renewal forms come through saying I've nill no claims so they acknoledge there has been some sort of claim but under my name it says Claims: 0

BTW just to sum up: My insurance is TPFT and I'm not expecting any money from my insurance I'm just wondering why they've not contacted me about the claim in nine months or asked for their excess - they can f**king ask all they like I dont have £550 to hand at the moment anyway lol.

Last edited:
C

Cupster

I would have thought they wouls have wanted you to cough up asap mate TBH.

Keep schtum until they do ask anyway - robbing bastids! he he

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Agree with cupster . Say nothing . I would have thought you should have paid up at the time of repair to the other car . When i crashed mine i had to pay my excess within a couple of weeks . You might be lucky and get away with it ;)

Oyster Card
Lol forget the first man on the moon, heres the first man to come out on top against Insurance companys.
Cancelled my policy today didn't say anything about the excess she made me sh*t it for a few mintiues when she said "I'll jsut have to check with my manager to see if you can cancel your policy"

CIS have got to be the most complacent company I've delt with though.

Essay time..

I crash, phone them up to inform them the same day I get through to a right drip in the claims department who I then say to "Hi I'd like to notifiy you of an accident I've just had" he replies "eerrrr go on then" was thinking sorry for putting you out mate not like it's your job to sit on your ass all day and deal with these things.

After a lenghty conversation, well a few sighs and groans on his behalf he says is the car still being used I informed him it is and he said the policy will continue and i can carry on driving it as normal, as it's tpft theyve no need to see it etc..

Anyway claims form comes through couple of days later I fill it in and supply a work of art showing the carnage.

Send it off.

Few weeks later get a letter from her soliciters telling me shes got whiplash and the usual etc.. I forward it to my insurance company

Shes back on the road her cars repaired, I'm back with a new car under a new insurance company we crossed in exactly the same spot where I t-bonned her in my old car, her face was a picture.

Months go by and I hear nothing out of curiosity I phone up my insurance company get through to a bloke who informs me the claim has gone thru in her favour and is nearing completion (about 6 months ago)