ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance dilemna!

A

akimbo-slice

Got a letter this morning off direct line saying my mother had to provide proof of her NCB even though she already had done when we took out the policy, so we gave them a call and they said the problem was we couldn't use my mothers NCB because she had earnt it with her own vehicle so therefore cannot be transferred onto my car. They then asked us to provide the NCB for my car but I've had the car for a month and it's my first car so I haven't got any NCB. they then said If we can't provide it they will increase the price by 5 grand ( I'm already paying 2k!!) but that means they won't insure me because the car is worth less than 4k and told me I would have to find a new insurer. Anyone know of any companies that give descent prices to new drivers?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Has your mum got her own car and use her NCB on that? If so you have taken out the insurance fraudulently, so they are within their rights to be pissed. There is a list on here somewhere of all the insurance companies worth trying.

The issue you will have now tho (i am not sure so you need to check with someone) is that you will have to declare that you have had insurance cancelled or special terms imposed = hire premiums!!

A

akimbo-slice

Matt - we took the policy out in my mothers name and we assumed that she could use her NCB on her car aswell as mine seeing as it wasn't declared on direct lines site. She has NCB but it can't be used for more than one policy.

Will - As i said above that must be the case, just a mistake on our behalf
:dapprove:
. Good news is though we don't have to declare that we had our insurance canceled etc because that only applys to anyone that has killed someone on the road haha

Best quote I've had so far is £5700 fully comp in my own name..

Good news is though we don't have to declare that we had our insurance canceled etc because that only applys to anyone that has killed someone on the road haha

where did you get that from? last time i was looking for insurance it said "cancelled for any reason".

A

akimbo-slice

I asked them when I was on the phone earlier and that's what the direct line guy said

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Have you tried admiral or elephant with your mum as a named driver or any other female relative that has had not points or accidents in the last 5 years? I can't see it being that expensive. You could insure a 172 for that much! Just keep hunting around.

Clio 1.2 16v mk2 ph2
i am with direct line with my ph2 1.2, no ncb was 17 when i took it out and that was 3k on my own fully comp added my mum on and went up by £200 and she has never had a crash

A

akimbo-slice

i just tried admiral and they wouldnt even give me a quote so its not good on that front and elephant wanted something like 7 grand? being 17 sucks.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I told my insurance company on my first car that i was gay with my dad,, obviosuly not true or deliberatly lol, i did it online and clicked partner by miatake.we pais £195 for a full year....discriminating as f**k just because we wernt a gay couple and i was his son we had to pay loads higher lol
This doesnt help, just thought it was funny

A

akimbo-slice

HOOLLYYY MOOTHEERR OFF JESUUSS!!!!!!!!!! i just tried a quote involving myself and my mum being married and it brought the quote down to 1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzuki Ignis
I told my insurance company on my first car that i was gay with my dad,, obviosuly not true or deliberatly lol, i did it online and clicked partner by miatake.we pais £195 for a full year....discriminating as f**k just because we wernt a gay couple and i was his son we had to pay loads higher lol
This doesnt help, just thought it was funny

Sooooooo... the moral of this thread is shag your Mum or Dad and get cheap insurance?