ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Claim!!!

Quick Insurance Question

Hi,

I went in to the back of my friend about 9 months ago, i paid for the respray of his bumper and possibly the knocking out of the bar.

I then got a call today from him saying i want £700 for my bumper underside being done as hes looking to sell his car.

I was pretty sure it was finished with!

He has a Citroen C2 - £4000 worth.

If he went through insurance would he get anywhere?

For the record - ive change my car and insurance since then.

Any information will help!

R56 JCW
Re: Quick Insurance Question

Tell him to STFU and kick the crap out of him, and his car wont be worth 700 when u finish with it

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

claim was settled out of insurance

tell him to piss off!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

doesnt sould to much like a mate. imo hes taking advantage. not sure what would happen if you went through the insurance. you would have to admit hitting him tho as if he has had it repaired already (cosmeticly) dont think he has much of a chance.

Iceburg 172FF

yeah tell him to f**k off and let him try and make a claim, sounds like its already been sorted, dont let him try and take more off ya

Some mate:eek:

Get some advice from the Citizens advice bureau, just to be safe.

Then kick the Sh*t out of him, bundle him in the back of a van and dump him at your local pikey site. They can use him for tarmac'in someones drive. :mad:

H86

black 172

great mate!

sounds to me he wont have a leg to stand on as was all sorted and finished with

tell him f**k off

:)

Clio 200 FF

well he can't prove anything now that you don't have the car you hit him with.
Sounds as though he can't get the p/x price he wants for his shitren so he's trying to bump the figure up by shafting you

Let him go to his insurance and when they write to you deny everything

And forget him as a mate

We'll your both stuck realy wluld end up in the small calims court.

He has no proof you hit him unless he has witness saying you did it etc plus a claim this late is useles since the cars already fixed so would be deemed out of insurance setlment.

Your stuck since I'm guess it was cash in hand to fix the car and you didn't tell your insurer so there no proof again.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster

What a git. Stand your ground! See what the CAB say, and don't give him a penny if you don't have to. Tbh I don't see why you would have to, as it was settled outside the insurance. Sounds like he's just after more money, and if he didn't get the whole thing done when you paid for it in the first place then he's an idiot.

Hi,

I went in to the back of my friend about 6 months ago, i paid for the respray of his bumper and possibly the knocking out of the bar.

I then got a call a few days ago from him, saying i want £700 for my bumper underside being done as hes looking to sell his car.
I was pretty sure it was finished with!

Ive gone to my old insurance company and asked what to do. They say they will send an engineer n' check out his car. (I haven't finalised this yet.) If they find the car is damaged - by me. They will repair it.

For the record - ive change my car and insurance company since then.

Will this loose my no-claims bonus on my new insurance?
Is this worth £700?
Should i just pay up?

Any information will help!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd have thought the fact it happened 6 months ago would mean he has no legs to stand on.

meriva vxr! really ;-)
you have already settled the claim, when you paid him for repairs then any damage should have been made clear to you then unless you had a "if anything else non cosmetic turns up in the future do you still agree to pay" agreement. On this assumption any damage now is not from your incident.

How did you pay him the money originally? Cash or cheque and have you got a receipt/proof you settled the claim? Without proof it could get messy...

and yes you will have to alert your current insurer if a claim goes through as its a change in your details and will afect your insurance.

worst case say you'll get the damage repaired at a garage of your choice, at least then you know you're not being scammed for cash!

Lotus Elise 111R
Also remember people will mouth off until it gets official...not that your new ins co will help....

That was my thorts.
I rekond he'd been in another accident.
but my insurance company are saying they will go check it out. If i don't contact my insurance compnay again. do you think he will be able to do anything?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As said, you have already paid for repairs.. doesn't have a leg to stand on!

He could have caused that damage any time within the period since and just had a cheap bumper spray and try to get you to fork up for it.

Assuming the car wasn't full of trained mechanics/damage assesors (sp) then the witness' amount to the grand sum of 0

Don't pay it

You were silly contacting your insurance company imho. They now know you've had a prang and may want to charge you more.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could you be a bit more exact on

"possibly the knocking out of the bar"
and
"£700 for my bumper underside being done "

What could possibly have cost £700? Surely if thats the case his cas has been very unsafe for last 6 months?

Could you be a bit more exact on

"possibly the knocking out of the bar"
and
"£700 for my bumper underside being done "

What could possibly have cost £700? Surely if thats the case his cas has been very unsafe for last 6 months?

When i paid him firstly, he said £120 for respray and the bar knocked out for free. I haven't seen the receipt, so i am not sure what was done. The respray was definatly done.

I guess he wants all the undercar stuff done, not sure what?

Such a tw*t

BMW M135i
Has the car actually been repaired since? If you've just given him £120 then do you know he hasn't just spend the 120 notes and not had the car repaired?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I highly doubt he'll be able to claim for it after such a period of time. Normally on insurance policies you have to report an incident within X amount of time. I'm sure this is less than 6 months, check your own policies T+C's.

You'll be able to get out of it (as it were) as he won't be able to prove to your insurance companies legal team that it was you that caused the damage. He may of had another prang since and wants you to be the fall guy and pay up.

Do not give him the £700, you've told your old insurance company the details and let them sort it out.

If I was you I'd not speak to this so called 'friend' again.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
WTF tell him to jog on. hes been happy with it for 6 months why the change of mind? hes just bitter because he has a sh!te car......

700 quid worth of damage to a c2... must look like a banana (possible as they are made from recycled kitkat wrappers) just contact citizens advice then tell him to bring it on...

visualize whirled pe
There are two sides to every story, I don't know all the facts but......

Lets look at it this way. You've all seen the mess the boot floor of a clio is even after a small shunt when at first glance only the bumper is knackerd.

Now I'm not saying this 'did' happen......
What if the lad wanted to claim on the insurance for the damage on his C2 and was told not to and just get his bumper sprayed and now he's realised there is more damage than he previously realised, making it difficult to sell his car. Wouldn't you lot be tapping up the extra cash in this case???

Mate or no mate (you dont really sound like tight mates to me) the lad with the C2 is daft for settling out of insurance in the first place and probably aint going to get the £700 he may or may not need. If his rear end still requires £700 worth of work and you know this is a fact and he isnt trying it on then you agreed to fix his car, you should pay, regardless of the cost.

I had someone try to 'sort' my car out without involving insurance after an accident when I got my car rear ended (which when assesed was deemed a dangerous write off) he came out all friendly saying "it only needs this or that doing" when it was clearly more work when a professional saw it.

I Understand, but since 'I' was the one happy to go through insurance, and he wasn't, i don't see it being fair when i've paid out of my own pocket for his bumper/bar, then he wants more. also i was the one who contacted my insurance company for advice, not him. It just seemed a bit odd to me.

Thnx all.