ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance advice needed

I'm hoping to buy a 172 within the next couple of days and I've had various quotes, some plainly obscene but the two below have been the most reasonable so I'd like some opinions please?

Its a 2002 172. I'm 23, 1 years ncb, 1 claim this year (non fault).

Privilage have offered £684 with a £900 excess.
Brentacre have offered £849 with £500 excess with mods upto 180bhp and unlimited cosmetic mods.

What would you guys recommend?

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Hi buddy..... im with Priviage (checked last night) they say on there pack they dont accept mods, i called them and they said as long as i inform them mods are ok (???)

think id be tempted to go for the second quote there pal, might be abit more, but to have all mods delcared and with piece of mind knowing they are on paper...win win...

Hi buddy..... im with Priviage (checked last night) they say on there pack they dont accept mods, i called them and they said as long as i inform them mods are ok (???)

think id be tempted to go for the second quote there pal, might be abit more, but to have all mods delcared and with piece of mind knowing they are on paper...win win...

Have you declared yours at any extra cost?

Suspension, painted alloys etc?

The Privilage one has got additional drivers too on the policy (parentals) where as I haven't done that yet with Brentacre, so I suppose there is room for manouver with that one also. Still not quite as cheap as I'd like, but when is it ever?!.

A money pit
Privilage do allow mods, just not till you are over 25. And they will charge you a fair for them too if iirc the last time I called them.

AK

M240i
Unrelated (maybe) but i never get the whole declaring a claim that wasn't your fault..

(if that is what someone crashing into you and you claiming from their insurance means.... if not, ignore this post LOL)

Alot of sites always ask for details of any claims, regardless of fault. Not quite sure why that is mind and I don't know the impact it has on any possible claims.

Brentacre is looking good at the moment it has to be said, just hope by adding a few older female family members I can drive it down abit.