ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance - £900 seems a lot who do you use?

Megane 225 Trophy
I'm hoping to get a 182 this week if my own car sells. I only pay £160 a yr at minute on a Triumph Stag and my Merc E Class before then only cost £400 fully comp

Now I;m getting quotes for a 182 I;m getting no lower than £900!! I;m 35 9yrs no claims 3 pts looking for fully comp protected!! seems a lot to me ,

Is the 182 high insurance or am I looking in the wrong place?

Simon

Abarth 595
mines £950 fully comp with direct line, including their best breakdown service and i pay monthly. Im 22, 4 yrs NCB, 0 pts.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
admiral, £750, 24, 5/6 years ncb. think it way have something to do with you living on the wirral mate :rasp:

Admiral for me... 22yo, 1 yrs no claims plus 3 yrs on the parents policy which they credited, 10 month policy, fully comp £850

33, 14 years ncb and 0 points. £395.00.. I then added my mum on and this fell down to 365 and also get £35 cash back from quidco! I live in the Glossop area.

Megane 225 Trophy
good shout on octagon been quoted £700 so going in the right direction

very funny about the Wirral, the daft thing is I had a mk4 Supra twin turbo and that was less than £400 a couple of yrs ago

Megane 225 Trophy
Admiral for me... 22yo, 1 yrs no claims plus 3 yrs on the parents policy which they credited, 10 month policy, fully comp £850

£1183 for me!!just tried it without my 3 pts and came up £783!!! thats some difference just for 3 pts for using a phone

CLIO 172 CUP....
im with green insurance driving a cup with (ncb) (6points) 29 years old paying £800 year, £113 a month.....

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'm paying less than that mate, I'm only 21!

Admiral are who I'm with, but greenlight are cheaper I think.... Also sky insurance.... there's alink to them in the traders section and they do discount for club members.

£1183 for me!!just tried it without my 3 pts and came up £783!!! thats some difference just for 3 pts for using a phone

Ouch!! Hopefully I manage to keep my licence clean if it's going to look like that next year. Make sure you negotiate over the phone with admiral, they seem to have loads of leeway against what the online sites throw up

White 182 Rep
no, i swear to you & im a named driver on my mums. ive tried everywhere i dont know how to get a cheap insurance !

no, i swear to you & im a named driver on my mums. ive tried everywhere i dont know how to get a cheap insurance !

If your a named driver and its that much do you have a full licence or provisional? Also how old?

I no that might sound silly asking but at that price.

White 182 Rep
im 18 in 5 days, ive got a pass plus aswell, but they seem to not care about it.
i dont get it at all i really dont.

I bet if you get a quote when you are 18 on your own on 3rd party, fire and theft its cheaper.

Try admiral, privilege, elephant I have found them good over the past few years.

BG 182 (full fat)
Blimey that is alot. Mine is 1200 on Direct line, baring in mind im 21, only 3 years no claims, 6 points and one motoring conviction (4 years ago). I just put in all my discounts im entitled to (parents home insurance, mum and dads car insurance) so I cant really argue with that! Oh and mine was about £4000 cheaper fully comp than 3rd party.

Clio 197
insurance is a nightmare! i am 27 7 years ncb, fully comp with business mileage £600...however this is a old policy from when i had my impreza...when i come to renew on the cup it might be a different story!

Listerine & Poledo
was £350 a year
then the missus went on and it turned into £700.

That's even with declared stripes

Elephant

Jap Box
yeah 3.5k on a 1.2, how good is aviva, least they let me have 2 months free though :dapprove:

Are you insane? Aviva must have been laughing when you agreed to that. Im with them, 18, 1 previous write off, mods declared, fully comp in my own name with me as the only driver, £1850 and I even thought that was expensive.

The issue with the clio and insurance is, on the grand scale of things its quite an easy car to break into, or even nick, but that said 900 is allot considering your age

I still laugh when other people put up what they are paying. Unless you are the identical person, i that you live in the same house, have the same driving history and car etc, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what you're paying.

Simonas, shop around. That's the only thing you can do. Clios are known to demand high insurance premiums as they are within reach of younger drivers. Said demographic group writes them off = high insurance premiums demanded by companies.

A ANIMAL
The issue with the clio and insurance is, on the grand scale of things its quite an easy car to break into, or even nick, but that said 900 is allot considering your age

No its not, and no its not.

The theft part of an insurance premium is only about 2% of the premium you pay.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I still laugh when other people put up what they are paying. Unless you are the identical person, i that you live in the same house, have the same driving history and car etc, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what you're paying.

Simonas, shop around. That's the only thing you can do. Clios are known to demand high insurance premiums as they are within reach of younger drivers. Said demographic group writes them off = high insurance premiums demanded by companies.

Boy speak'th sense! I used to pay 300 odd when i was 22 on a 172. Vs 900 odd as a old man! Location location location is the killer for most.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Call back and say you have an induction kit fitted and then fit a simple Panel filter.

Also Try Adrian Flux and Greenlight

Not a 320d
Not a sport but....

Admiral £850(ish)

1.6 GT, 21(at the time) 6 points, 3NCD, Coilovers Declared. Mum is named drive on policy. That was £100 more than the previous year for getting 1 years extra NCD.

Megane 265 Cup
Greenlight do the best quote for me, im 26 with 4years NCB and 3pts with mods declared for £500, not bad :)