ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurace, another one...

car? need a license 1st!

Sorry for starting another insurance thread, i dont like hi-jacking other peoples threads, its not polite.

I phoned Nowrich Union today, for a quote, to see how much i would pay.

Car: 1991 Clio 1.4S

Driver(s): Myself 18 (no NCB, but Pass-Plus), My mum (named driver, full NCB)

Starting now, as i am 18, the quote came out at £960

Which i dont think is bad at all, anyone got any ideas as to where/how i might be able to get it cheaper? :p

try elephant mate, and ring around! my mate paid around that for his, but that was without his mum on the insurance!

Try adding a femail driver on over 21. Works a treat sometimes!
Does not work when adding on older males so dont try it!

i agree its a good quote, is that tpft ? of f/c ?

my brother wanted a fiesta zetec 1.25 only gr5, but most inc elephant wanted 2.5k (f/c) even with my mum on the policy as a named driver, my bro is 18 with no ncd.

in the end he went as a named driver on my dads for 900.00 f/c, i know he wont get a no claims himself, but in year of so his age should help him, plus his experience.

car? need a license 1st!

thatpolicy is fully comp, and if i take my mum off, its only 20 quid more, so i think its a bargain really.

ill ring around a few more 2morro see if i can get any better quotes..

If thats the only Quote you have so far, I would try other Insurance companys - Admiral and Elephant seem popular on the boards for being "Cheaper than most". Also Direct Line can throw up some anomolys.

Additionally use that Quote to get a Lower Premium from the others, they will ask if youve had a quote, if they can beat it they usually will.

It doesnt sound like a bad Quote, for someone with no NCB and has only been driving for a year.