ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing a turbocharger on a 2000 Clio Sport

Clio 172 Turbo
I was thinking of making the next upgrade a turbocharger (complete with intercooler and all the rest)...
This is my car http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5815198#post5815198
But I need some help with the type of turbocharger that's best for this car. I've tried one or two that have been salvaged from Mercedes cars, but they're too big and they leave no room for the intercooler and the pipes. Any ideas which would fit?
Also, the software would need to be upgraded. Should I keep my car's computer and upgrade the software or should I consider getting a stand-alone?
Please help me out...

would the 182 kit fit with a bit of tweaking? im guessing the 200 engine is the same as the 197 and the only difference in the 197 and 182 is a different head and plenum?

330i. E30 Touring.
I don't think he's talking about a Clio 200. I think he means a Ph1 172, from 2000.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Which manifold are you using?

There are two types of log manifolds available one with a central turbo location and one with an offset location. The problem with both is the space between the engine block and the bulk head.

Unless your willing to make/buy a custom tubular manifold to bring the turbo round to above the gearbox then your going to be limited with a gt25/28 turbo.

The one Ktec sells is a gt2560r (gt28r) with a t3 compressor cover and the actuator sits a few mm from the bulk head so turbos like gt28rs and above will be too big.

Clio 172 Turbo
thanks YellowDave... now to come up with the cash...
and yes, what I meant to say was that the manufacturing year is 2000... the engine is, indeed, 172hp...
the manifold is something I've had done to fit temporarily. I'm not planning to fit the turbo on that...
also... turbos seem to be the norm... but any ideas on a supercharger? would that be better than the turbo? what's your experience regarding these two? and, as I've said before, should I decide for the supercharger and not the turbo, which supercharger would fit? there's so little space and most of them are rather bulky...

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
charger's are much better, but also much more expensive for a belt driven one like a Rotrex.

If you do go down the charger route a C30-94 is ideal, although you can run a C38 series if you want insane power, they are more expensive still however.

White Evo V
Mines ready to collect tomorrow, from RS Tuning! Look out for the videos! Ring Paul and chat to him, he can do both, supercharger is the way forward though, and Paul can get it all in for roughly the same price as a Turbo conversion!