ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner Tie Rods - Confusion...

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

So, I set about changing my tie rods and TRE's. Ordered from ECP when they had a good 24hr discount and without researching I got the Lemforder tie rods and ends. Obviously the ends are fine but the tie rods are too short, only just realised why when I've been searching through threads. I can take these and get my money back no probs.

Moving forward, I could get the correct size Q Drive ones from ECP but apparently they're s**t. So this leaves me with a couple of options.
  • Get genuine Renault ones at just over £40 a side.
  • Get FAI SS6263 ones at just over £25 a side.
  • Get Firstline FTR5277 ones at just over £18 a side.
  • Go to ECP with part number 7701473656 to see if they have any other than the Q Drive ones that'll fit (Apparently tie rods for a Kangoo 4x4 will fit but can't seem to find Lemforder ones of these on ECP site.
As far as I'm aware, all these will be the right length for my non cup 182 which has the SMI rack (I checked the rack yesterday).

Anyone had any experience with any of these? Obviously I'd prefer to get the cheaper ones to save money but if the Renault ones last longer, I don't mind spending a bit extra and getting them.

Thanks

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I got mine from ECP recently, they were shorter but work fine. Firstline FTR5277 is the spot on one.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Who does fai ones for £25? That's a horrendous price.

Was just the first site I came across, think it was Micks Garage or something. Looking now, can get them on Amazon for about £15 a piece.

I got mine from ECP recently, they were shorter but work fine. Firstline FTR5277 is the spot on one.

Thanks mate

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Just for reference matey. These are the ones I took off my non-cup 182 and these are the lemforders I replaced them with. The nut is approximately where the TRE goes up to.
9F97EAC6-9BE1-4715-BA1E-4D0C312D855E_zpsrh1y8u3u.jpg
F55D900D-7817-4DA9-9F3A-4A91C07CCC5D_zpspx8gqxsh.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just for reference matey. These are the ones I took off my non-cup 182 and these are the lemforders I replaced them with. The nut is approximately where the TRE goes up to.
9F97EAC6-9BE1-4715-BA1E-4D0C312D855E_zpsrh1y8u3u.jpg
F55D900D-7817-4DA9-9F3A-4A91C07CCC5D_zpspx8gqxsh.jpg

You don't know the part number for the Lemforders you got do you mate? The ones I've got are definitely shorter than them ones.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mines a non cup and got the SMI rack.

I'm so confused as from Googling both them part numbers come up at 282mm which, even the shorter ones in @GrahamS post look longer than that.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Mines a non cup and got the SMI rack.

I'm so confused as from Googling both them part numbers come up at 282mm which, even the shorter ones in @GrahamS post look longer than that.
Have you got the packets? They have the Lemforder part numbers on. I recently ordered some for my Skoda from ECP and the part numbers were the same on the packet as the online Lemforder catalogue. According to the online catalogue the same tie rods are compatible with many other Clio/Kangoo models - you could try putting details for a different model into ECP and see if it comes up with the same part or not.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Have you got the packets? They have the Lemforder part numbers on. I recently ordered some for my Skoda from ECP and the part numbers were the same on the packet as the online Lemforder catalogue. According to the online catalogue the same tie rods are compatible with many other Clio/Kangoo models - you could try putting details for a different model into ECP and see if it comes up with the same part or not.

The ones I've got are 600 74 5355 ECP number and 28358 01 which will be the Lemforder number. These are too short and although they say for SMI on them, they must be for TRW.

I've read about the Kangoo ones but I'm unsure what year/engine will fit?

TBH, I'm considering just getting genuine ones from Renault Parts Direct that state they're for SMI, as I keep reading contradicting info which is confusing me haha.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Sounds like ECP have supplied the wrong ones then, I'd trust the Lemforder catalogue more than them!

28358 01 on the Lemforder catalogue is listed as compatible with some Clios, Meganes and Scenics. Clio 2.0 sport is not listed on there.

Hopefully these links will work:
https://webcat.zf.com/index.asp?PKW...35&ARTNR=28358+01&LASTPAGE=nc2_teile_info.asp
https://webcat.zf.com/index.asp?PKW...35&ARTNR=26711+01&LASTPAGE=nc2_teile_info.asp

Looking at that I would try putting details in for a 3.0V6, 1.5dci or one of the Kangoos.

Not the first time I've found an error in ECP's part listings!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeh, they're definitely wrong and that first link confirms it as you say.

Weird thing is, that second link (which seems to be the right ones) has Renault number 77 01 473 655 but I thought it was 77 01 473 656.

EDIT: 655 could be for Kangoo and 656 for Clio?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
These are the ones I got http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/600745365

They did try and supply some that were 240mm for some reason but I put in a different 1*2 reg and it came up with these :smile:

Thanks mate, they're the same ones that come up when you put in a Clio 1.5dci or Kangoo which confirms what @172_Tom has said.

Although I have found these on eBay which is really cheap for genuine ones so think I will go with them. Although the £17 ones seem a bit too good to be true considering they're like £40 a piece from Renault Parts Direct.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...tem36005c8c68:g:RscAAOSwYmZXKzmX#ht_904wt_721

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-I...tem464e85596e:g:8ngAAOSwNsdXRGcJ#ht_101wt_958

182 trackcar, XC60t6
For non cup I think you need 320mm - the 305mm ones only get about 15mm of thread inside. Waiting for another set to turn up now from Micks Garage.