ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

injector faliour(sp) on a 172

is this a common fault on the 172's as ive just had to have one changed on me car!its only done 36'000!

thanks!
:S

It's not something I remember reading about and I have a good memory for these things - I make it my business to read about random faults so I'm armed with some info if I ever suffer similar problems.

thanks for that fella!
if it happens you'll know cos of the backfiring and the noise like an impretza! oh ,and the lack of power!
lucky i have a decat or the cat would be probly fecked(i had to drive it to the garage cos RAC couldn't fix it as it was peeing down and 10.30 pm!!)

just got the bill today!
injector=.......................59.18
diagnostic test+ reset = ..25.00
labour x 2 hours=............55.50
VAT.............................24.45
total.............................164.13!!!!!!!!!

F U C K !!!!!

Lionel Richie
£60 for 1 injector is a bit steep

£25 for pluging a computer in is cheeky (renault charge £70 for the pleasure)

not a bad price, but you could've done it for £20-£30

:dapprove:they said they had to take the top of the engine off (manifold?)to get to the injector!
well thats me well and truly screwed!!..........AGAIN!!!
bugger!:dapprove:

Lionel Richie
yeah you can do it that way but that's the LONG way, just remove the fuel rail protector (2 bolts)

but even removing the inlet plenham is a 20min job

did they replace the inlet manifold gasket??? i'd hope so for that money

would have thaught so there a good garage(famous last words!!)
they doo a lot of work on porche's lotus ect! thats why i take it there!

:S

the car is going fine now so i cant complain realy! tis the only thing to have gone wrong on it in 2 years!(fingers crossed! )LOL:quiet:;)