ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

info needed on ph1 to ph2 front end mod

transit van, ph2 172
im in the process of building a rally car in my limited spare time, and looking to change the front end of my ph1 to a ph2 i have all the bits, whats the easiest way to do this?,
cutting welding and fabrication is not a problem, also as its a rally car id like to declutter around there and possibly make the front pannel etc bolt on for ease of working on engine etc,
anybody done this or have pics to help me?
cheers paul

Audi A5
Firstly, why?! Lol ph1 front end ftw.

As as far as I'm aware, it's all a bolt on jobby, wings, lights, bumper, bonnet, slam panel etc.

Audi A5
When you say it's completely different front end, have you stripped it all down to look at the actuall fixing points?

transit van, ph2 172
yes mate from what i see the ph2 lamps dont fit in the hole, inner wings slope down at front so wing mounts are all to low and front panel sits lower too,
from what i can see i need to drill out all the spot welds on wing rails and front panel and just swap it all over but before i start was hoping to get a better idea as i dont want to waste my time if there is another way lol

Audi A5
Don't know then mate. I'm sure I read on here somewhere that the body panel just bolt on, but I guess theirs more to it, sounds like you know what you've got to do, good luck.

Cup In bits
Your exactly right mate there are some panels different at the front end, some on here have bodged front ends on them before but to do it right you need a few panels swapped out.

Its just a case of drilling out all the spot welds and plug welding them onto the ph1. The back bumper might need some brackets swapped over too.

transit van, ph2 172
cheers mg, i got the bumper on easy enough, i did my first ever respray to the clio and ph2 panels went to bolt them up only to realise they dont fit, now i have a ph1 with no front end on it and a ph2 lhd ex cup car with panels missing sat outside my house, with winter comming id like to get it sorted
was thinking of nut riviting the front end so i could strip it down easy for further engine work,

transit van, ph2 172
nice one mate i had a good look round and dropped matt black a pm but didnt find anything, will have a look at that link now

172, Tiguan
I was lead to believe it was just the light surrounds that needed cutting out and replacing with the ph2 items. The rest should bolt up.

I've got all the bits in the garage. It's on the to do list.

transit van, ph2 172
no jon the front panel and inner wings are lower also wing bumper mounts dont line up, doesnt look as easy as id thought

182 FF RB ;)
I have 'face drop' on my ph3 04 plate Clio ;) now it's a ph1 rep ;)
uhusu5eq.jpg

Now driving a one of a kind Clio ;)

Cup In bits
That's a mk2 ph2 you have fitted a ph1 front end in by the looks if it to me? More pictures needed.