ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction thoughts?

clio 172
I started by putting a pipercross filter in the standard airbox and although didnt really feel any different it did sound a bit better. I read a few threads on here about the ktr induction kit some said it wasn't worth it but a lot said it was,So i thought id try it, bought it and to be honest im disapointed it sounds good but feels a lot slower and for that price i can't be the only one to think this?

172 cup
I am surprised it feels slower. you won't feel loads of difference over a aftermarket panel filter, but should make it any worse?

clio 172
tbh even the pipercross panel filter didnt feel different just sounded a little better but just as responsive and i kinda knew that was gunna be the case, the ktr seems to really bog down and make a lot of noise .Its just the fact that you pay a fair whack for the kit and it felt worse!

172 cup
I don't have the actual ktec one but one I made to the same design. I thought it gave small gains, and have spoken to several people who like the ktec.

Maybe try to get a cold air feed to it

clio 172
i bought the kit because of the good reviews on here but it may be that it just doesen't work with my engine most people do say it does feel better tho , if you just want the sound it's definatly worth it, it does sound good

BG182ff,explod Focus
Could it be that the K-TEC style setups only show an improvement over standard if the car has been remapped?