ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit for V6 clio

Skoda Fabia vRS

i know this isnt an induction kit but Green do a replacement element for about £45

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Pipercross unit from K Tec £250 - good for 500bhp so should do the trick!!

Ive used it with the supercharger and its great - does suck in small rodents though which can be irritating!!!

Clio v6

Whats wrong with the standard air intake?

Is my car going to blow up if I dont rush out and buy one of these pretty coloured ones?

the air filters do not work - there a waste of money - same on the 172 as well. they may make your car sound better but the loose performance. FACT. Renault spent millions developin the v6 so im sure some back street tunin company that have just wipped somethin up in there w/shop wont be able to improve performance - besides the ecu would correct any noticable air flow increases via the maf sensor and run the mixture weak or high to compensate for the increase. how do i know - ive tried em all.

C1BA - in your opinion/experience, would an airfilter combined with an ECU remap not increase performance to some extent?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 08 September 2003

the air filters do not work - there a waste of money - same on the 172 as well. they may make your car sound better but the loose performance. FACT. Renault spent millions developin the v6 so im sure some back street tunin company that have just wipped somethin up in there w/shop wont be able to improve performance - besides the ecu would correct any noticable air flow increases via the maf sensor and run the mixture weak or high to compensate for the increase. how do i know - ive tried em all.
Renault spend millions developin every car they make mate, however everythin can be improved upon, however small the improvement may be

yes most induction kits are crap but only because the owners dont supply them with proper cold air feeds and/or some kind of heatshield.....

aftermarket filters do flow better especially as they get dirty, in comparison to a paper filter

V6 Clio

CB1A,

Have you tried the Viper Race filter as on K-Tecs website? The picture there is of the first one being fitted into my car (FOC). They told me their standard Viper is only rated to about 230-250bhp so wont do much for the V6. The Race or EVO as it is also known is rated to over 500bhp but the other advantage is it takes out the right-angled bend out of the original airbox and provides a staightline feed, you should be able to see that from the pic I think. My car has not been tested for power but I believe there was a noticeable improvement in mid-range power. I can bearly hear it roar compared to the original as my replacement exhaust is so loud so I dont believe it is psycological and I didnt have to pay for it as my car was the guinea pig. Im not trying to defend a £250 outlay therefore. If you have tried this fair enough, if not I think it might be worth a go.

I did pay for a superchip though and dont think it made any difference that I could tell!!!! (except better mpg when cruising)

Skoda Fabia vRS

BenR tested a viper on a 172 in H/K and his results were good too, IIRC 10bhp was made mid range...

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

this is getting amusing - any increase in flow whilst filtered correctly and mapped correctly will improve things - the standard ecu is mapped for crap fuel in the worst european country (94 ron) - run optimax and increase airflow and things will be a little better (few bhp and better mid range marginally).

The superchip advances the ignition a few degrees and pretty much nothing else - I too had one and noticed little difference other than pinking on low ron fuel!!

The best increase will be from remapping a new ecu for the fuel you can get here with the air flow as cold and unrestricted as possible (whilst filtered)

renault do spend millions but they also build in a fat safety margin for poor fule and high air temperatures around europe in particular and then detune everything to contain warranty costs.

All of the above will of course kill your warranty!!!

all for a 0%-3% increase, wahoo!

Back in the good old days whackin on some k&n to your carbed car was the right thing to do, now days as CB1A rightly says manufactures do little wrong when it comes to filters, its not worth the bother of £200+ for a cone filter (only one which will give you the slightest of increases), a re-map, rolling road session, warranty problems, insurance problems, worse economy...and then once the f**king thing isnt new anymore you lose the gain!

-Rob