ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

indicators flashing double time

Toureg vW Transporte

have fitted my new twin headlights and have wired them up but have found a problem, the indicators work but when are used flash double time, as if missing a bulb, but theyre not. when u put the hazards on though they work fine, whys this guys

Toureg vW Transporte

nah i bought the quad lights from body torque, and the indicators are a little bulb integrated into them daz, any ideas mate

different resistance in the bulb?

do they flash aswell? or are they out?

*grabs for anything remotely possible*

Toureg vW Transporte

ha ha , they flash like normal on hazard. still all bulbs flash on indication but at double time, wots this resister lark about, someone else said that to me

Well the resistance across the bulb could be less than standard bulbs.

Basically, it could be working as if there is no bulb there.. due to the less resistance in the circuit.

Toureg vW Transporte

could be rite as they arnt as bright , or they dont look it, is it a case of replacing the bulb

well check all bulbs if they work you probably have a broken connection to a bulb removed ie if you put new wiring in

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Daz is correct (for once ;))

The frequency of the relay which controls the rate of the indicators are determined by the combined resistence of the bulbs, hence when a bulb goes they flash faster (less resistence).

The hazards must work on a different (timed relay) for safety eg. youve broken down but one of your bulbs is gone.

so get a multi meter find the resistance around the circuit if for example its 10kohms and you want it to flash half as fast then put a 10kohm resisitor in the wiring? that mite sort it but im only a beginner eleci

172 exclusive no 172

yes it will help the flashing , by using the resistor, but it isnt right.

The lights should have been supplied correctly, i take it that they are not morette ones cos they come with a seperate indercator unit which fitts in to the bumper,. apparently i will find out cos mine will be here in 6 days.

there not the angel eyes ones are they?? cos they have intergrated indicators in them... which apparently are pain to get working...

2012 WRX Waggon

do they work using resistance and capacitance.

certain timing cicuits use a resistor to alter the time taken to charge a capacitor - or something like that:confused:

Toureg vW Transporte

yes they are the angel eys ones, they are a pain, all of the bulbs work, i may try changing the new front bulbs for something more powerfull guys