ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Incorrect Mileage?? How Do I Find Out??

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello Folks!

A mate of mine is thinking of buying his first Clio and has found one he is dying to buy!!!

Thing is, its an 02 plate and has only done 14,000 miles!

Now, we think the mileage has been 'tampered with'. Is there any way we / Renault could find out!?!?! He has his heart set on it and I told him it seems odd, so here I am trying to figure out a way to 'check'.

Any help appreciated!!

Cheers!

edit: it has a digital mileage counter.

Honda. Tesla Someday
MOT / service history?

he said he 'lost' his service history and he only has his 'new' MOT certificate! sounds like b*llocks to me but I am so damn curious to find out if the mileage has been tampered with!!

Chelsea tractor
Can't you ask VOSA to check? I'm sure MOT's have been digital for a while. I must admit it smells fishier than the seafood section of ASDA...

Honda. Tesla Someday
Can't you ask VOSA to check? I'm sure MOT's have been digital for a while. I must admit it smells fishier than the seafood section of ASDA...

Would VOSA allow me to check the cars hitory like that even though I don't personally own it?

Can't I just get Renault to plug it in to their computer and have a look??

Wouldnt the cars computer 'tell them' that the mileage has been modified?

350Z GT
iirc get 1 of the numbers off the current MOT certificate like a reference and the reg plate. go on the MOT website type em in and it shows the old MOT's and the mileage they were done at and tons of other details as its all recorded on a computer! Think you need a reference from the MOT as well as the registration plate... did it for my current car and works well.

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

hope that helps ya :)

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
just done that ^^^^^ WOW lol
simple things like wear on seats/ steering wheel could be of use

Honda. Tesla Someday
iirc get 1 of the numbers off the current MOT certificate like a reference and the reg plate. go on the MOT website type em in and it shows the old MOT's and the mileage they were done at and tons of other details as its all recorded on a computer! Think you need a reference from the MOT as well as the registration plate... did it for my current car and works well.

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

hope that helps ya :)

Excellent!! Will try to do that!! Cheers!!!!

ph2 172
rac car data check tells mileage history and has a guarentee aslong as you put all the required details in was £5 just checked its now a tenner, but well worth it imo.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Don't do it - however nice the car is - if it hasn't got a service history I'd steer clear. When you come to sell it you'll have real problems too. What kind of Clio is it?

Honda. Tesla Someday
was a mk2 ph2 in flame red.

He's not buying now, I showed him this thread!!!

Cheers people!!