ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Incorrect EQ settings...or just a s**t headunit?

Sorry.....another ICE question!

Since updating my old Blaupunkt unit to something a bit more modern, a Sony CDX-GT560 unit....I've not been very impressed with the sound since fitting.

This evening I had the dash off the car, so I could easily do a quick comparison....using the same CD.

Photo-17-07-2012-18-59-24.jpg

Considering this car isn't exactly supposed to have a banging audio system, I thought the sound from the Blaupunkt unit was pretty good. But I doesn't have all the features I want, hence the swap.

After listening to the Blaupunkt, then quickly swapping over to the Sony, the sound is MUCH worse. Mainly the low end, the tracks just don't sound as punchy and meaty (if you get me ;)). I could feel a lot of vibrations through the seats from the Blaupunkt unit, but nothing from the Sony. I had a fiddle with the EQ settings etc....but nothing improved it dramatically.

Have I made another mistake by buying another s**tty Sony product? Does sound really differ that much between head units?!

Thanks

Also, does anyone know if I can simply take it back to Halfords as I'm not happy with it? Or does there have to be a fault for them to accept it?

Am I stuck with it basically?!

Electrical items are returnable only if not opened if sealed, used or faulty. Check the technical specs of each to see what the output power and frequency but I imagine the blaupunkt is far better when it comes to rms etc. what you missing from the woodstock?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sony car audio is like the Avon of the tyre range. Its got a good name but its actually pretty crap. I've had loads of sony headunits but thats due to the price I get them for.

There's much better out there for the money imo.

Polo + Micra
ktp-445 if you can fit one in the dash fitted to an alpine head unit

i'm surprised how much it does improve output

Cheers, I'll never stray from my 'don't buy cheap s**t' policy again. Lesson learned.

Ordered a new head unit just now, hopefully this one will be the dogs!

275 Trophy
Probably not the case, but you couldn't have the phase of one of the speakers 'crossed' could you, when changing to the sony unit? Using a different ISO adapter or something? That would give the kind of results you mention with one driver effectivly cancelling out the other.

9855?

i've never found anything as good as the 9815 i used to have

Definately not as good now, latest range of products all have panasonic cage fittings and harnesses now! I just hope they dont share anything else internally....

BMW M135i
Mine was great but I had the extra H100 audio processor and amped full range so can't really compare. The auto setup mic did wonders.