ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of some subwoofer/amp advice please

200 Cup in Shite White
I am buying a sub with the following spec:

• Speaker size: 2 x 12" subs (324mm)
  • RMS power: 600 watts
  • Peak power: 1800 watts
Can anyone advise me what spec of amp i will need to run this sub at its full potential.

I will only be running this sub through the amp, nothing else.

Thanks

180.5 bhp 172
Iirc, you will need a 600w 4 channel amp to run both subs.

They are only 600w subs so dont need anything fancy!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
what ohmage are the subs?? if theyre 2ohm
id got some something around the 1500wrms@1ohm line, (lots of money)

if theyre 1ohm each, get a 2 ohm amp, jbl 1201.1 would work nicely
and the same for if theyre 4ohm each (1201.1)

JBL 1201.1 is 1114wrms@2ohm,
great amp, and now its been discontinued, you can pick them up really cheap

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Iirc, you will need a 600w 4 channel amp to run both subs.

They are only 600w subs so dont need anything fancy!

600wrms is a rather high figure in lines of personal (not show) systems, especially when talking about two of them,

and why the hell, if you are buying an amp based on the subs (the right way to do it) would you buy an amp with 4 channels?? thats just obsurd,

and 600wrms amp wouldnt push 600wrms on a good day, so i dont know how its going to power both subs,

finally most 4 channel amps wont crank 1 or even 2 ohms in bridged mode, so youll kill the amp in days lol

180.5 bhp 172
Im no electrician mate! Just speaking from personel experience! Worked fine for me when I did it, so who's to say it won't for anyone else.

200 Cup in Shite White
thanks for the advice :) subs are 300w RMS each so 600w combined sorry for any confusion, not sure on ohms so ill have to find out

Polo + Micra
yeah you need to find out what the impedance value of the voice coils is before getting an amp.

what subs are they as it should say on the net?