ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of some new discs and pads... Help :-/

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Hi all. My 182 is in at the garage today to have some bits sorted, blowing exhaust, squeaky brakes etc

Mechanics rang just saying I need new discs and pads on the front. The rear are fine.

Just want to know what I'm looking for really. I've got around 200-300 pound budget on these. Less would be great too :)

Do I buy new discs and pads and use existing calipers etc?
Or is it better to change the lot?
If I change the front will I need to change the rear too?

Car is only used on road and not on track.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Chris

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mechanics rang just saying I need new discs and pads on the front. The rear are fine.

I'm guessing you're not mechanically minded in the slightest, but, seriously ?!

Here's your answer:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm guessing you're not mechanically minded in the slightest, but, seriously ?!

Here's your answer:

Haha, very funny, and no. I'm not clued up on brakes at all :-/

I was just saying if I get new discs and pads on the front, e.g some brembo ones. Would it be worth doing the rear too. Or would it not matter too much?

RB 182 FF
Hi all. My 182 is in at the garage today to have some bits sorted, blowing exhaust, squeaky brakes etc

Just want to know what I'm looking for really. I've got around 200-300 pound budget on these. Less would be great too :)

Car is only used on road and not on track.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Chris

Have a look on Ebay, some ridiculous deals about if you look, Brembo's and all sorts as well! Also plenty of top guys in the trade on here that would give you a great deal. Maybe some of them will reply to this thread, just don't get ripped off by a garage as it really isn't a hard job doing discs and pads! If only the fronts need doing then just do the fronts, no need to touch the rears, and also you should be looking well under the budget you mentioned!:)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Have a look on Ebay, some ridiculous deals about if you look, Brembo's and all sorts as well! Also plenty of top guys in the trade on here that would give you a great deal. Maybe some of them will reply to this thread, just don't get ripped off by a garage as it really isn't a hard job doing discs and pads! If only the fronts need doing then just do the fronts, no need to touch the rears, and also you should be looking well under the budget you mentioned!:)

Ah ok brilliant. And ye fitting them isn't an issue really as the mechanics a friend and fits them next to nothing.

And if I could sort some for less than my budget then that's great.

Cheers for the response.

RB 182 FF
Ah ok brilliant. And ye fitting them isn't an issue really as the mechanics a friend and fits them next to nothing.

And if I could sort some for less than my budget then that's great.

Cheers for the response.

No problem, I know how good it is to get a useful response on this forum as some people treat you like a numpty! Ive had it plenty of times... Sounds like ur quids in if you've got a friendly mechanic! Ye definitely Ebay or the traders section on here for parts, best thing about these Clio's is how well they go and how reasonable the parts prices are!!:D

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No problem, I know how good it is to get a useful response on this forum as some people treat you like a numpty! Ive had it plenty of times... Sounds like ur quids in if you've got a friendly mechanic! Ye definitely Ebay or the traders section on here for parts, best thing about these Clio's is how well they go and how reasonable the parts prices are!!:D

Exactly. Nobody likes to be treated like a numpty, I'm learning.

I've got in touch with G 172

See how things go

Next thing is sourcing a new cat pipe.

WRX
Don't go for a cheap Dik Fit exhaust. If you're keeping standard, make sure you get genuine Renault, only a little bit more but last you far longer.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know it's off topic from the brakes

But I have a yozza cat back, so would a Renault cat pipe be best then?

Cheers for responses
Chris

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Only person to buy brakes from is G172 by far the cheapest for genuine Brembo discs & pads.

Ye I've enquired with him. Going to purchase some next week once I get paid.

Do you know anything about the pads needing filing down at all?

Cheers