ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

import or not

i have a clio 172 mk2 its a uk car on the log book but it has all the import features plus renault say it is am import when they checked the chassis number anyone have any ideas

Quote: Originally posted by type r killer on 19 December 2004

nope i noticed that too i has no windows etchings or alarm or locking wheel nuts or it doesnt have traction control
Having no etching or alarms shows its an import.

T/C has nothing to do with it being an import.

window etching is normally the clincher.

nuts & alarm kind of confirm it. go back to who sold it to you. did they sell it to you in false pretences? speak to trading standards.

/y0z

i explained that to the dealer and they wanted to go by the dvlas records so they did an investigation on the car and the dvla are still saying its not an import but i believe it is the dvla always make mistakes they are totally crap

TDI tyre shreader

They are all imports at the end of the day, wont the dvla be looking at it as being sold first hand from a dealer such as motorpoint?

it came from a renault francise in newport. so even if it is brought into the country from elsewhere the dvla see it as a uk car because it was registered here first

Definately an import especially seeing as renault are telling you that it is.

Oh and it wont be an import in the eyes of the DVLA as you say its been first registered here.

that sucks so will i be able to have my warranty then because if the dvla say its a uk they have to honour the remaining warranty at renault dont they

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ive not seen many mistakes by the DVLA. Their computer system is pretty damn fine.

you need to apply for the 3rd year give CS a ring they will help you out you need to send them a copy of the registration document and the original bill of sale and a utility bill and they will add it on... register it on the system

can anyone host pictures I got a good one for this topic!

[Edited by silvercup182 on 20 December 2004 at 9:41am]

[Edited by silvercup182 on 20 December 2004 at 9:42am]

I think the main thing is not necessarily that a 172 is imported from France, I mean they all are in the end, one way or another. I think it depends more on what country they were intended to go to. Mine is an import but as far as I know it was destined for the UK anyway, so it has everything but etching and alarm, it even has mats, and Ive confirmed the full warranty.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Cuthbert on 20 December 2004Mines an import and hasnt got automatic headlights, the guy at Renault seemed surprised at this.

They probably just arent enabled.

Matts are part of the spec, they come from the factory.

My 172 was a Dutch Import and was the same as a UK car except for the obvious things already memtioned. I never once had a problem taking it to dealers for work.

that sucks so will i be able to have my warranty then because if the dvla say its a uk they have to honour the remaining warranty at renault dont they

It depends how old your car is if it was built after Dec 1st 2003 it will have a three year warranty anyway otherwise phone renault customer services and register the car and they will give you the extra year.

probably a safe bet to phone them anyway to get everything confirmed.

Clio 200 Cup packed

i explained that to the dealer and they wanted to go by the dvlas records so they did an investigation on the car and the dvla are still saying its not an import but i believe it is the dvla always make mistakes they are totally crap

agreed, when i 1st bought my astra coupe turbo, the v5 came back saying it was a 2.2 turbo diesel!!!! the original v5 was right so wtf did they change it for?

or maybe i should have complained to vauxhall that my diesel was only returning 22mpg???

Cheers for that link Lee. I knew I had to register my (Motorpoint import) Clio before any warranty work, but thats very useful info.

I seem to remember someone on here saying you could get window etching done for about £20. Anyone know more about this? (where to get it done, etc.).

Mines also an import, it came from Renault in France. The local dealer seems happy with that and Ive had no problems taking it to them...

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 21 December 2004

Mines also an import, it came from Renault in France. The local dealer seems happy with that and Ive had no problems taking it to them...
Ditto

^^^ Mine too - Paris according to the book - but not had the pleasure :sick: of a visit to any Renault dealer yet.

an update on the import issue ive had a letter from renault uk stating it was originally intended for use in holland and also i have a copy of a dvla form v267 does this mean its an import because the form is a declaration form for use by an independant importer