ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac screen faults

Ibiza FR
I have had my iMac for about 7 months now, and I have noticed 2 'defects' on the display, one of them very recently.
When I first received it, I noticed on a pure black screen there is a very faint blue mark in the middle. However, it isn't visible in any other conditions, so I let it be.
Now recently, I have noticed some grey / black 'smudges' in the top right of the display, Almost like burned in text? However, I have never left anything running that would cause this, especially in that position.
I have included pictures of both below. The blue dot looks alot worse there for some reason.
Second one seems to be rotated for some reason :S

I know people are going to say take it to Apple, and that is more the reason I am posting.
If I take it, are they likely to replace the display / iMac there and then? Or will it likely need to be kept for repair?
I am in the middle of a few big freelance projects, so if they are going to keep it, I would rather wait for work to have calmed down, to prevent losing any time.

Any advice would be great :)

imacscreen1.JPG

imacscreen2.JPG

Clio mk2 ph2 1.6
It will most likely be taken in for repair. Just phone your local store and ask them how long it will take.

Ibiza FR
Nope 27" :(

Going to ring the store tomorrow and see what they say. Don't want to lumber it over there for no reason! It's one of them things that is very minor, but you can't help but notice.

Ibiza FR
Its going in on Thursday, hopefully to have the display replaced. They have told me it should only be in for 24 - 48 hours. Looks like I'll be coding on the iPad for a few nights!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They should replace that. Check your screen using a black background with all the lights off when you have it back.

Sometimes the backlight panels aren't fitted corrected and you get light leaking in from the bottom edges.