ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac 24"

BMW F31
ok so the better half is looking at getting one of these to edit her photographs on as she's a photographer.

looking at getting Aperture 2 software as it looks like a much simpler solution to Lightroom to edit RAW images etc.

anybody have any experience with this software? how easy it to use?

as regards the iMac, were going on sunday to have a look at them in the Apple store, is it worth haggling with them to get some free bits?

i'm sure i read on here a while ago someone managed to get Apple Care included as well as some other software etc?

Cheers guys :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've not used Aperture but I find Lightroom very useful for editing RAW and from what I heard Lightroom and Aperture are pretty similar anyway?

If you're getting a Mac then I'd probably go for Aperture though. :)

BMW F31
yeah we looked at some vids together last night on the apple site, it looks very similar to lightroom, same functions but less mess.

just wondered if anyone has any user experience before we go on sunday to try it out :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I managed to get the full higher education discount of 15% by booking a one to one shopper appointment online and pushing my luck on the day in store. I'm not at uni. If you know anyone who is doing a degree and they have ID to prove this take them along and say you are buying it for them but put everything in your name. That will save you having to con your way to the discount.

Aperture 2 is good, I use it on my MBP.

BMW F31
ahh i see. cheers

all i have to do now is find someone doing a degree. i think the better halfs sisters boyfriend is doing accountancy so will be worth taking him along :p

My mate has one.

iLove it!

How old are you? By that I mean do you sound old enough to have a teenage kid? lol.. "My daughter is starting Uni and I want to buy her this, I realise I can get the HE discount with her card but I want it to be a surprise..."

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i use aperture 2 on my mbp and also use photoshop cs4...

tbh i have used aperture only a few times, it annoys me, its good for batch processing, but i always seem to use cs4 for everything...

BMW F31
well, picked it up! absolutely awesome bit of kit.

we got the imac 24" 2.66ghz model, aperture 2, iWorks, Apple Care, wireless mighty mouse and keyboard for £1400!

managed to get the sales guy to do deal by putting us down as BT employees lol! ;)

which had the following effect :)

£73.98 off the Mac
£16.32 off Apple Care
£10.88 off Aperture

and a £15 rebate off iWork as a promotion for buying with a Mac

pretty good result i think.

anyway off to play now :D

Last edited: