ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If Carlsberg made Ph1's....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
IMO, it'd look a little like this... ;) (Gave it a good clean ready for the meet tmrw, exucse the random close ups, I was trying (and failing) to show the flek in the paint)

CIMG2231.jpg

CIMG2232.jpg

CIMG2233.jpg

CIMG2234.jpg

CIMG2235.jpg

CIMG2236.jpg

CIMG2237.jpg

Also upgraded the speakers today in the rear and fitted my 6x9'd shelf out of the old Clio, the sound difference is epic!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
''If Carlsberg made ph-1's''

They probably put tyre shine on them??

Looks awesome mate! Shame about the rear.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't do tyre shine, or any of that poncey crap, its gets driven! ;)

But cheers you Bristolian hooligan,

P.s still need that recipt for my service history if you've got it/can get it.

P.p.s can't get over how glittery this car is, people have said things like "it looks like its had extra metallic sprayed into it"

<3 you

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its been proper looked after that car! I used to wax it twice a week!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
You can still drive it with tyre shine on ;)

Still think the wheels should be like this, green lip, green decals and green calipers.
23.jpg

She does scrub up well!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok fine, I'll invest in some tyre shine, also need to invest in some wax, as it hasn't even seen any polish since I bought it :eek:

TBH it seems to have some serious protection on it, as even with 0 polish it still looks lovely!

Edd the calipers are going green next weekend, and my splitter is being fitted, all in good time though, still got a sticking caliper I need to sort out, suppose I can do that whilst I've got the wheel off for painting though. :)

Cheers for the comments, oh and sorry I didn't make the basildon meet, hangover destroyed me.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Ok fine, I'll invest in some tyre shine, also need to invest in some wax, as it hasn't even seen any polish since I bought it :eek:

TBH it seems to have some serious protection on it, as even with 0 polish it still looks lovely!

Edd the calipers are going green next weekend, and my splitter is being fitted, all in good time though, still got a sticking caliper I need to sort out, suppose I can do that whilst I've got the wheel off for painting though. :)

Cheers for the comments, oh and sorry I didn't make the basildon meet, hangover destroyed me.

Look forward to seeing the next lot of pics then!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah they'll be better I hope, trying to make it more and more my own month by month, its just finding the cash.

On the O.Z graphic front, I don't think I could get them off for love nor money, so they'll be staying red I think... lol!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Haha, cheers Brown Bear.

I have, and always will be, a Ph1.5 guy I',m afriad, and ever since I wanted a ph1, I always wanted a ph2 rear end, (blame Middo)

No one ever notices the ph2 interior though, subtle :cool:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cheers Cal.

LOL! It seems to very much devide opinion, most love it in RL (other than oldies), or they're just lying b*****ds?

lolz @ baiting the old dears.

It would look mint in red or blue i think.

It is a stunning example though mate, a credit to you!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, I've got some coming from somewhere ;)

Next weekend now holds

• Paint calipers bright green
  • Paint centre caps black
  • Fix sticking caliper
  • Paint plenum and fuel rail guard matt black and polish RS writing
  • Fit splitter
Winner :)

Clio 172 RS2
Probarbly the Best Clio Ph.1 in the World! :D

You forgot the tyre shine! ;)

With my new tires... i used it too for the 1st time.
No more 'brown' sidewalls for me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Probarbly the Best Clio Ph.1 in the World! :D

You forgot the tyre shine! ;)

With my new tires... i used it too for the 1st time.
No more 'brown' sidewalls for me.

God, I really wish I'd got some tyre shine now, don't even own any! lol!

I'll give it a crack next week :)

what speakers did you go for and was it a difficult job?

looking good by the way

Difficult? Easiest job in the world tbh.

I've had a Clio before and did a massive audio upgrade on that, they're really easy cars to work with in the audio sense.

As for speakers I used some JBL speakers I had left over from my old Clio, just a case of unplugging the old ones, snipping the Renault connection block off and connecting up some spade connectors for the JBL's.

I also run some speaker wire to the 6x9's on the shelf I had lying around, which are Cerwin Vega's.

As a whole it sounds great, much more bass than standard, a fair shout louder/clearer and not a lot of weight added :cool:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
You can still drive it with tyre shine on ;)

Still think the wheels should be like this, green lip, green decals and green calipers.
23.jpg

She does scrub up well!

Reckon Edd's bang on the money here-either a v.thin lip or left off.

Cars mint-I<3 ph1's!!! :cool:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If Carlsberg made them in addition to the first post they would have fitted ph2 lights and front bumper then it would be perfect.

Honda & VW
"if Calsberg made Ph1's" they'd have put a diamond on the front....
"if Calsberg made Ph1's" they'd have put a Ph1 rear bumper on...
"if Calrberg made Ph1's" they'd have put the Ph1 seats in to go with the rest of the blue colour scheme...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
"if Calsberg made Ph1's" they'd have put a diamond on the front....
"if Calsberg made Ph1's" they'd have put a Ph1 rear bumper on...
"if Calrberg made Ph1's" they'd have put the Ph1 seats in to go with the rest of the blue colour scheme...

The whole interior is ph2!

Its only the dashtop thats blue now.

(Excuse to get it flocked Rob!!)

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Its defo a tidy example but aftermarket steering wheel, orange repeaters, ph2 rear and yellow callipers (at the moment) all all a fail for me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The whole interior is ph2!

Its only the dashtop thats blue now.

(Excuse to get it flocked Rob!!)

Its defo a tidy example but aftermarket steering wheel, orange repeaters, ph2 rear and yellow callipers (at the moment) all all a fail for me.

There are many many plans, silvervisions are top of the list I suppose, as they're cheap and cheerful, but I also have:

Standard steering wheel to get trimmed, or I want a leather aftermarket one.

Calipers will be going green next w.e

Dash will probably be flocked at some point, or a full ph2 dash

Refurb the front lights, as they're fubar'd

And so, so much more over the summer.