ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idiots guide to fitting skoda splitter?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Has anyone done a guide to fitting the skoda splitter. Just got one thanks to elkworks but it seems difficult, maybe I'm just being thick with the wrong tools?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Cut the little raised tabs off the ends,
drill or poke some pilot holes in the splitter for the self tappers,
jack the car up,
start in the middle with the first screw, then work your way to the edges,
cut excess off with a stanley knife or razor blade.

Done.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cut the little raised tabs off the ends,
drill or poke some pilot holes in the splitter for the self tappers,
jack the car up,
start in the middle with the first screw, then work your way to the edges,
cut excess off with a stanley knife of razor blade.

Done.

Scissors are easier.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Thanks. Never cut the tabs off. Will give it another go with the above instructions. Thanks again!!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you can just go at it without any, but I just found easier to screw them in if I had pilot holes to begin with,
it just meant I didn't have to screw through the splitter first to get to the bumper.

I did want to drill pilot holes in the bumper aswell, but I couldn't get the car high enough for the drill I was using.

CursedTitanium 182FF
The way I did it was

Tools
1. Small stubby phillips screw driver.
2. Handfull of small self tappers.

1. Cut the raised tabs off with a fresh Stanley blade.
2. Find the middle of the splitter and screw a self tapper smack in the middle so the tip just pokes through, then leaving an even gap to each side work your way out screwing self tappers, as before screw till the tips poke through.
3. Find the middle of the bumper and put a mark where it is, then screw the middle screw in splitter to it. Then offer up the next bit to screw, hold it in place with your free hand and then screw it in with the other. (Repeat till end)
4. Using the Stanley knife cut off the bits that stick out into the wheel arch. (If you make a clean enough cut, you could glue the end back on if you trim it down)
5. Stand back and admire your work.

275 Trophy
Cut tabs off with wire cutters.
Put car on axle stands as high as possible.
Using a battery drill with a m8 bolt in the chuck, start at the middle and screw self drilling self tappers through both parts.
Trim overhanging edges with junior hacksaw & clean with a file.
Job done in 10 minutes.

Non Sport Megane
i didnt cut the tabs off mine, it gave it a slight leaned forward stance, which i thought looked great! pilot drilled through every other tab, then just used about 12 into the bottom of the bumper to hold it, used a knife/hack-saw to cut the excess off, then some fine sandpaper to clean the ends up :)

Arctic Blue FF 182
I also didn't cut the tabs off in order to have it lean slightly. Pilot drilled the splitter and bumper makes life much easier, should also deduce any chance of the bumper splitting while screwing in