ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideas?

Mk3 dci
Hi peeps

I'v just invested in a 1.2 Mk 2 monster and was wondering what everyones thought on mods are or am i better wating for a willy/valver?

Josh

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Dont throw to much money at modding a 1.2 as you will never make it back when you sell.

At most I would look at some colour coding, maybe a small drop on some springs and a set of alloys, keep it subtile and fresh looking and pocket the rest of the money you would have spent on pointless mods towards something with a bit more power when you can afford it.

Mk3 dci
Cheers mate, i was looking at getting it resprayed as its that crap yellow thats a b**ch to match.. Which spring do you think are best for it?

pimp mobile Zafira
Dont throw to much money at modding a 1.2 as you will never make it back when you sell.

At most I would look at some colour coding, maybe a small drop on some springs and a set of alloys, keep it subtile and fresh looking and pocket the rest of the money you would have spent on pointless mods towards something with a bit more power when you can afford it.

^^This is spot on advise and what I would do in your position.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Cheers mate, i was looking at getting it resprayed as its that crap yellow thats a b**ch to match.. Which spring do you think are best for it?

Dont bother respraying if the bodywork is in good shape, Any DECENT bodyshop will be able to match paintwork, apart from that do you realise how much a respray will cost....

As for Springs, on a 1.2 whatever is cheapest IMO they will all be much of a muchness, take a look -

http://www.k-tecracing.com/search.asp?appid=4&catid=15

The KTR Springs at the bottom of the page will be fine

Mk3 dci
I dont know definite costs but i know a couple of lads that work in bodyshops.. and i know its dear but i hate the colour :p cheers for the link, roll on payday!

Clio 1970000000
It will probably be cheaper to sell yours and buy the same car in the colour you want.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
What you mean team?

He's referencing a recent thread in which some numpty wanted to re-spray a trophy cos of the footie team he supports.

It will probably be cheaper to sell yours and buy the same car in the colour you want.

+100. Why did you buy it if you hate the colour?!

Mk3 dci
He's referencing a recent thread in which some numpty wanted to re-spray a trophy cos of the footie team he supports.

ooh, im not quite that special haha

+100. Why did you buy it if you hate the colour?!

cos it was a cheap first car, low miles and cheap on insurance.. but now iv got some dollar and iv caught the mod bug :)

Last edited:
  Mk3 dci
Yeh fair play, so sue me im a daft lad with his first car! what did you really expect :p im not stupid enough to play with the engine and what not but a few visuals wont be too bad

Mk3 dci
im not that bad! i prefer subtle, euro look so ill probs throw it into the body shop and smooth it all down :D