ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icy

182 FF (Black Gold)
Be carefull out there guys in powerfull FW drive cars, I so need to get some winter tyres fitted, would it be wise to get a set of 4 or just for the front?

Any ideas as to what type?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
sFhwJGqj.jpg

if i were you id just save your money and drive very carefully, but no matter how careful you drive theres always some old dear that will run into the back of you

260% JCW
Save ya self the money, set off earlier and slow down. Simple.

I love the way in the UK we get a bit of ice and a sprinkle of snow and the whole country come's to a grinding halt.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I love the way in the UK we get a bit of ice and a sprinkle of snow and the whole country come's to a grinding halt.

So do I, means a day (or week in Januarys case) relaxing in the office :D Hope we get it really bad again this year.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Definately 4 tyres. Everyone is amazed at what mine can do on winter tyres. I definately need them as I live in the forest with steep inclines everywhere.

You should also bear in mind they provide much more grip in the wet when cold then your usual summer tyres.

mini cooper R50
in 20 year of driving I have never drove in conditions as i did on Thursday, some of the banks here in Sunderland were glass ice!!!

was only look that stopped me going threw red lights at the bottom of a hill, fook knows where the gritters were. Up to now we have around 10 inches of the white crap so looks like the car will be getting parked up for a few days :mad:

Know the tyres on mine are summer tyres

Clio 172
Up Newcastle its worse here than last year without a doubt. Pointless the council even gritting as the snow is still falling. A1 friday night 20mph was close to being dangerous.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Yeah Newcastle is very bad, I live on the coast that got hit pretty hard :( Using some rainsport's at the moment which are good for all weather. Still very easy to lose grip, nothing a dab of caution can't fix.

On a side note wiper's make a difference, got some cheap flatblades and they snapped on the way to work ! Luckily they held onto the car lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Be carefull out there guys in powerfull FW drive cars

You are aware that this is a forum for clios?

High power, flol.

Get decent, matched tyres all round & drive sensibly and you'll have a decent chance of surviving. Unless you drive a cup of course, which doesnt have abs and instantly locks up & heads towards thee nearest ditch in winter iirc.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
In 15 years of driving I have never needed to change tyres in winter.

Probably because we've not had much snow in 15 years.

Up until last year i never really considered fitting winter tyres but i chucked a pair on the front of my Pug and it didn't get stuck once. I think any narrowed tyred shopping trolley will out do any wide tyre shod car once the snow hits.
Its simple physics.
I drove the other halfs 182 last year and it was useless and inspired no confidence at all.....the Pug could drive thru 8 inches of snow.

Go to Germany and its law to have to have winter tyres, and yes i know they get more snow than us but the way things are going here, to invest in a set would be a wise move.

Unless you drive a cup of course, which doesnt have abs and instantly locks up & heads towards thee nearest ditch in winter iirc.
That is factually accurate. Own a Cup and drive it in the winter confirms you as having 'Hero' status.
Hai.