ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iCloud - REQUIRES iOS 5

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This is driving me mental.

Can't upgrade my work phone because it's synced to my work laptop which I left at work and now I'm on a site on mobile BB so can't download it, no point in upgrading my current phone last night as it's sold and I'm posting it tomorrow! FFS.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just spent ages configuring my iPad 2 with iOS5, its so f*cking tedious getting it to work the way you want it to work, with notifications etc etc etc!!

BUT, once you have it the way you like it, working the way you want it to work, it is quite simply beautiful.

200 Gordini
Find my iPhone isn't finding my iPhone.

Don't forget to change your restrictions so if you unfortunately do lose your phone, the 'new owner' can't go in to your settings and just turn off the Find My iPhone services.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Find my iPhone isn't finding my iPhone.

Don't forget to change your restrictions so if you unfortunately do lose your phone, the 'new owner' can't go in to your settings and just turn off the Find My iPhone services.

had a look, can't find how to do this? Help please?

I cant get the photo thing to work with the MBP (on Aperture or iPhoto - both dont have the option that it says on icloud.com, but not too bothered. I can always connect up to edit one photo I want).

Honda. Tesla Someday
Its mandatory for me to use a passcode on my iPad and 4. All because my emails are linked to a secure exchange server and one of the conditions is high security.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Exchange can suck a dong. MobileMe was so much easier to setup and keep everything synced and iCloud is even better. Love the fact that even game data can be shared between devices.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Just used Find My iPhone.

Close, but about a 2 min walk from my house.

Edit: just refreshed it and it's got it spot on now.

Inferno 182 CUP
how do i remove devices from find my iphone?

me and mrs N are picking up our new 4S's at 8AM and want to remove the old ones so we can sell them :)

It's just awesome mate. Little things. Like Safari bookmarks and Reading List synced across my iPhone, iPod & Mac. The fact that I updated a contact on my iPhone with the nickname "c**tface", and it automatically updated the contacts on my Mac and iPad as well. Just a few little things I've already noticed that make my digital life just a little bit easier.

Love you Steve -xxx-

Inferno 182 CUP
It is epic.

Calendars, contacts, notes, updating across all 3 devices seamlessly!

Even I thought s**t this is cool!

6/468 17poo
Can someone tell me how you put new music on your phone from iTunes wirelessly? Is this possible with ios5? Or have I just made it up and you still need to plug your phone in to get new playlists on?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thing I didn't like is that I made a @me email, then it ended up running two accounts on the phone, then I've had to try and link my @me to my itunes and remove my @gmail address I had... even ended up deleting all my contacts at some point by accident, thankfully a backup saved me.

It's a bit of a ballache and does need the process for existing users to start using iCloud smoothing out.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what is the data usage like in this iCloud thing? for example, will it only work in 3g and will it eat up a lot of my data usage with it constantly trying to update?

Bookmark syncing is fooking impressive. Add/remove/rename one on your mac and the same occurs on your iPhone instantly. Same applies for Reading List.

Could be pretty useful that..

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Can you get a windows 7 pc to sync a load of documents (word and excel) up to the icloud on a daily basis?