ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg 172 and a bit of painting.

BG PH1 Megane 225
Over the past few weeks I've been freshening up the looks of my 172 by painting the front diamond, bullets and wheel diamonds. Looks much better now IMO. Still have the rear to do and maybe take the 'Renault Sport' badge off as I'm sick of driving next to people with the Halfords 'Sport' badge on making it look like I've bought one too... :nono:

For those interested I used Ford Graphite Grey for the colour. Apologies for the front diamond picture, I'd taken the picture a while ago when it was raining. :eek:

SDC10249.jpg

SDC10273.jpg

SDC10267.jpg

SDC10270.jpg

diamond.jpg

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10271.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice. Just needs a little bit of lowering and that will look spot on.

Sooooo much better than all this bright coloured shite on the forum of late.

BG PH1 Megane 225
Thanks all!

I do want some Eibach's but I can't because of my insurance... :mad: hopefully next year I can change company and get some worthwhile mods purchased. I can't even change my alloys currently :dead: FML.

The bullets and diamonds come off pretty easily with a flat screwdriver (wrap it in kitchen roll or something so you don't scratch the paintwork) after that just carefully pull them off with your hands. I did snap one of the clips on the front diamond though but it still holds on okay! The wheel diamonds are pretty fragile but generally hold on pretty well even without all clips intact.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
May I suggest possibly detailing the 2.0 16v poart of the bullets in silver? The do look lovely like that.

Agree on the lowering part too

BG PH1 Megane 225
I did actually try painting the lettering silver, but it looked awful so I sanded it down and sprayed it grey again :eek: they do look better in the flesh. The lettering stands out more compared to these pictures.

clio 172
my car looks pretty much axactly the same as this now except i wraped them metioned parts in vinyl wrap, but from a distance they just look dark grey same as urs, just need to fork out some dollar for coilovers now.